Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Votes for.....

(18 Posts)
Zsazsabinks Sat 24-Jan-15 20:56:38

So we've whittled it down and have two front runners....thoughts?

Valentina Rae (or Ray) (DH likes Rae although we have no real connection to it, he hasn't really had much to do with naming the other two so nice for him to have an input.)

Valentina Alice (It's a Great Grandmother's name, doesn't go particularly well but fills the middle name gap. My Mother was very close to her Granny Alice although I never met her, she was long gone when I was born, apparently I was supposed to be called Alice after her though!)

The other two girls have middle names that honour various family members, husband's Mother who died when he was about 11 and family name from my side. That's why I feel she needs a middle name too, just that we've done all of the recognition required!

So....

Valentina Rae?
Valentina Alice?

Roomsdoom Sat 24-Jan-15 20:58:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

myotherusernameisbetter Sat 24-Jan-15 20:58:55

they are both nice smile <pulls splinter out of arse from sitting on fence>

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Sat 24-Jan-15 21:01:47

I like the family connection to Alice.

Zsazsabinks Sat 24-Jan-15 21:03:43

NN will be Tina or Nina....or Lennie......(I would out myself but Lennie is a bit of a joke on my maiden name)

We have form on big names and spurious nickname connections.

babyblabber Sat 24-Jan-15 21:04:11

Alice much nicer and a family connection. Wins hands down

wesH Sat 24-Jan-15 22:02:05

Rae sounds better but I think going with Alice would be more "heartfelt", considering the family connection. Cant say im crazy about either name tho

Allalonenow Sat 24-Jan-15 22:06:13

Valentina Alice

Nolim Sat 24-Jan-15 22:07:00

Rae

ThatBloodyWoman Sat 24-Jan-15 22:09:35

Rae,because it seems it'd be lovely for your dh to get a look in with the names,and its a perfectly good name.

Zsazsabinks Sat 24-Jan-15 22:23:41

I'm swaying towards that too ThatBloodyWoman. Although DH getting a look in is what got me to this state (again) ;)

Sophronia Sat 24-Jan-15 23:07:33

Valentina Alice, I'm not keen on Rae.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 24-Jan-15 23:12:38

Valentina Rae goes better but Valentina Alice is more pretty and due to the family connection. I'd say there's no contest.

squoosh Sat 24-Jan-15 23:24:49

Valentina Rae sounds so much cooler than Valentina Alice.

As your DH hasn't had much input so far I think his preference for Rae is a better family connection than giving the child her great, great grandmother's name.

Drunkendonut Sat 24-Jan-15 23:26:58

Alice

DramaAlpaca Sat 24-Jan-15 23:34:29

I prefer Alice to Rae, but it doesn't go as well with Valentina.

So I'd be inclined to go with Valentina Rae because it sounds better, it's definitely a cooler name, and it's nice for your DH to have an input.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Sat 24-Jan-15 23:45:51

Valentina rae sounds better than alice despite the family connections.

Zsazsabinks Sun 25-Jan-15 09:55:31

Valentina Rae is cool, but will it be cool in twenty years?? I do like it at the moment though, it's definitely edging towards the front, with your votes and in real life too.

I'm coming over as really domineering, I'm not! DH is just so so laid back he never really states much of a preference (apart from if it's landrovers or computers), so when he actually does say "I like...." it's quite nice, as opposed to the usual "Hmmmmm" or "That's alright"!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: