Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Tips to get pregnant with a girl?...

(52 Posts)
gladrags123 Fri 23-Jan-15 21:41:52

Hi,

We have 2 boys and I wonder if you could please share any tips you may have for trying for a girl. Not sure yet whether I am brave enough for go for no. 3 but if so, it would be good to put all chances of my side of the baby being a girl smile

thanks a lot in advance!

rocketeer Fri 23-Jan-15 21:43:23

This won't end well....

DPotter Fri 23-Jan-15 21:48:30

I'm biting my tongue rocketeer.............

BabsUnited Fri 23-Jan-15 21:50:26

You'll need a sperm donor and a turkey baster.

HTH.

fixedit Fri 23-Jan-15 21:51:22

Squirt lemon juice in your vagina.

Haffdonga Fri 23-Jan-15 21:54:31

Try to have sex early in the day before eating breakfast at least 3 times a week and take vitamin C with your breakfast. Doctors say this guarantees at least a one in two chance of any conception being a girl.

Behooven Fri 23-Jan-15 21:55:04

You've started this same thread in different sections btw?

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Fri 23-Jan-15 21:59:28

There is no method that genuinely improves your chances of a girl. Short of sex selection ivf abroad.

avocadotoast Fri 23-Jan-15 22:02:36

Oof. I'm really hoping this is a wind up...

gladrags123 Fri 23-Jan-15 22:07:52

This seems like a lovely network. I'm really pleased I joined. Thanks guys

SlicedAndDiced Fri 23-Jan-15 22:10:04

I know one thing that works 50% of the time wink

Get pregnant.

Sorry op but you will get a few giggles. Apart from very selective ivf I don't believe there is actually any way to choose the sex of a yet unborn baby.

jazzyjenbo Fri 23-Jan-15 23:09:59

There are tons of old wives tales... Like getting a sperm to egg early before ovulation as female sperm is said to be stronger.
Also things to do with body temp etc
But in reality it really is 50/50 ... If i were u i think i'd go into it expecting a boy and if it turns out to be a girl then fantastic.
Good luck
(Maybe post in pregnancy or conception threads as not sure this post is in the right area)

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 23-Jan-15 23:28:16

I also doubt this end well. While I do hope you get you want,but if you go in for a baby. It will have to be because you want a baby and not because you want a girl,because no one can guarantee you a girl.
I have a girl conceived day 16, so going by ovulation and conceiving on or after day 14. she should have been a boy, so I am living proof that that rules that theory out.
I think it's just a case of you get what you're given and like it.

HerRoyalNotness Fri 23-Jan-15 23:55:08

It can end well if people are kind or don't post if they have nothing constructive to say. This is always an emotive subject.

Have you thought about micro sorting OP? I'm not sure if it's available in the UK but I think it is in Spain. I would try it, but it's not approved in the US yet. Other option is ivf and implanting girl embryos, not sure you'd want to go down that road

I do understand how you feel though

farfallarocks Fri 23-Jan-15 23:58:36

Well at least you had the good sense not to post this in conception, at least I hope you didn't. Early shags for a girl supposedly. Day 11 here and we had a dd but after 3 mcs I was grateful for any baby! Therein lies the problem with these posts

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 24-Jan-15 00:06:08

Far. I conceived at night and was blessed with a girl so another theory that can be ruled out

burgatroyd Sat 24-Jan-15 08:16:02

Try the shettles method. I think you need to have sex a few days before ovulation as girl sperm swims slower.
www.bellybelly.com.au/conception/gender-selection-shettles-method
Use ovulation sticks too.

I didn't use this method by the way but don't see anything wrong in trying.

Ledkr Sat 24-Jan-15 08:21:47

I don't know why people get so shirty about this subject.
The op isn't saying she doesn't want her boys or another boy, she is expressing a preference.
Op, there's probably no reliable way.
I had 3 boys then 2 girls.
My only advice would be to leVe a decent gap so that if you do have another boy you are so delighted with the new baby that the sex doesn't matter.
My 3rd boy was an angel smile
Good luck.

SlicedAndDiced Sat 24-Jan-15 10:20:01

I only like to point it out because a friend was offered an exceptionally expensive herbal supplement that would guarantee her a boy hmm

I did tell her. But her and her little girl are quite happy now.

I'd like to make sure people don't get conned when they are vulnerable.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 24-Jan-15 10:27:37

The kindest advice to give would to say that unless you would be happy if it turned out to be another boy, don't try for a third.

wesH Sat 24-Jan-15 12:38:09

There isn't any way. hate to break it to you but there is simply no way of being able to guarantee a child's gender before that child is even born - that's just common sense. Sometimes it can take years and years to know for sure what gender your child is. you could have a son who fifteen years years later becomes your beautiful daughter. if you are not prepared to love a child if they don't 'come out' the way you want, you really should be having children at all.

MalibuStacy Sat 24-Jan-15 12:44:13

I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting one of the other type if you already have 2 (or more) of one type. People who 'only want girls' irritate me, particularly those who already have them. Boys are lovely, I wouldn't mind a houseful of them. But I also get that it must be nice to have both genders.

OP, do you have a spare 20k? If so, there are clinics in the US who offer PGD for gender selection.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sat 24-Jan-15 13:28:39

I conceived a girl on day 16.

If you want a third child, try for a third child. Girl or boy. There is no method that can guarantee one or the other.

shoobidoo Sat 24-Jan-15 16:05:05

And I conceived a boy on day 10 of my cycle, way before ovulation as we were avoiding getting pregnant (as dd was less than a year).

So the timing theory clearly doesn't work!

piggychops Sat 24-Jan-15 16:16:05

Here's an interesting fact.
After the second world war a larger percentage of male babies were born than female. Women at the time had taken on roles which were usually male dominated - heavy factory work/labour, farming etc because all the men were off fighting. As a result their testosterone rose slightly which had an effect on cervical mucus allowing male sperm to swim faster than female sperm.
I have Radio 4 to thank for that little nugget, so I guess the upshot is- be more girly!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: