Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Quentin?

(22 Posts)
AlmondMagnum Mon 12-Jan-15 11:10:27

Thoughts and potential sibling names? smile

Zsazsabinks Mon 12-Jan-15 11:58:41

I love Quentin! What about...

Rupert
Rory
Clemence
Ludo
Hugh
Hugo

Girls

Isobel
Winifred (Winnie, that's my DD2's first name, takes a while to get used to but Winnie and Quentin would be so cute!)
Gabriela (or Gabriella)
Juno

Zsazsabinks Mon 12-Jan-15 12:02:45

Oh! And Beau (boys or girls, think the spelling is different for each but I'm not sure)

squoosh Mon 12-Jan-15 12:24:06

Quentin is truly dreadful.

rachel234 Mon 12-Jan-15 14:55:11

I love Quentin, but am biased as we have one smile. Names that we also liked and that go well imo

Dominic
Raphael
Felix
Rufus

Clara
Clementine
Eloise
Amelia

tammytoby Mon 12-Jan-15 14:58:42

Quentin is great! The siblings of the Quentins we know include Anna, Katie (Katharine), Reuben and Sebastian.

lebkuchenlover Mon 12-Jan-15 15:05:25

Quentin reminds me of the lovely illustrator Quentin Blake (or Tarantino) - good associations imo. Great underused classic!

How about these for siblings
Isabella
Charlotte
Anya

Tobias
Magnus
Nathan

But I think most names will go with Quentin, so just choose a name YOU love.

bienemaya Mon 12-Jan-15 15:14:40

I like Quentin.

I know a few whose siblings names range from Edward, Charlie, Sophia to Aurelia, but think that most names would go.

bigbluebump Mon 12-Jan-15 15:37:31

We have one. Have had generally lovely comments. Names that we also liked included
Lucas
Reuben
Elliot
Maya
Louisa
Clara

maggiethemagpie Mon 12-Jan-15 23:14:17

Love Quentin!

BabyX Tue 13-Jan-15 00:17:20

Are you thinking of calling a future child this? Or do you have one and are looking for ideas for his new sibling? confused

rockybalboa Tue 13-Jan-15 00:21:03

There is one in my DS's class. It is a great name!

Dukketeater Tue 13-Jan-15 02:37:50

Eurgh... Trying to hard

MiscellaneousAssortment Tue 13-Jan-15 02:49:14

I like smile

Funnily enough I had alot of ZsaZsaBinks names on my list like Ludo, Rupert as well as Quentin.

JapaneseMargaret Tue 13-Jan-15 02:53:16

Trying to (sic) hard to do what?

It's my best friend's brother's name, he goes by the nickname Q, which is very cute for a little one and cool for an older boy, too.

pinkipanther Tue 13-Jan-15 10:21:29

I like Quentin - sounds cool and classic. Perhaps a little old fashioned, old manish, but think that a lot of these old names tend to come back into fashion. It's unusual and not overly common but not completely out-there.

If you already have a Quentin, then why not just choose another name you love - I don't think names need to 'match'.

AlmondMagnum Tue 13-Jan-15 11:29:22

Yes, we do already have a Quentin but I didn't make that clear in the OP as wanted honest views (just curious really as we never asked for the Mumsnet verdict before naming him), also we'd like to give him a brother or sister one day so was musing over names :-)

evamummy Wed 14-Jan-15 14:16:35

Really like Quentin! Seems to becoming more popular, along with other 'old' names Arthur, Stanley etc.

sonniebonnie Fri 16-Jan-15 12:36:54

I like it. Think most names would go with it, especially classic, traditional ones.

hellokitty123 Mon 19-Jan-15 13:58:47

We know a little Quentin. I like it.

How about Arthur, Hugo, Felix, Florence, Clara as sibling names?

shoobidoo Thu 22-Jan-15 19:35:56

I like it.

shoobidoo Fri 23-Jan-15 15:41:04

Oh, and most names would 'go' with it. What names are you thinking of, op?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: