Talk

Advanced search

Baby Girl Name...

(6 Posts)
Zsazsabinks Sun 11-Jan-15 15:56:34

Going absolutely round in circles with this! Third baby girl and we've used up all the family names on the first two. The fact that pretty much all of the women on my husband's side are called Maria, bar one called Nocas pronounced /nok-ash/ and another called Candida (is NOT happening).

My husband likes Sylvie Scarlett...which I think it trendy and may be a regret in a few years.

I like Raphaela or Rafaela (husband is Portuguese so either spelling is OK, depends on the middle name), but I can't think of a middle name!!!

Thoughts? Middle name suggestions? Our surname is short and ends in an 'a' sound.

I like names that are a little unusual but not completely out there, that old chestnut.

WesH Sun 11-Jan-15 18:07:36

Raphaela is a grand name with a fair few syllables so I think a middle name should be a little shorter. I think you should also avoid two names ending in 'a' in a row, especially since your surname ends in an a. How about:
Brooke
Jane
Frances
Rose
Bryony
Amy
May
Violet
Lindsay
Annie
Harriet
Kitty
Yvonne
Yasmin
Jasmine
Tilly
Camille

rockinrobintweet Sun 11-Jan-15 20:37:01

Raphaela Scarlett to keep DH happy?

my dd1 is Scarlett and i wondered if i would regret as 'trendy' but it's honestly grown on me more and more. i love dressing her in red, she has beautiful blonde hair so a red bow looks lovely, but her middle name is Eleanor (she's actually Scarlett- Eleanor rather than middle name fwiw) which brings back more traditional name into her.

or other suggestions:
Raphaela Joy
Raphaela Blythe
Raphaela Rose (double R like double S that DH likes)
Raphaela Star

shakemysilliesout Sun 11-Jan-15 20:53:41

I like raphaella.

Sylvia Scarlett dun work for me.

I like Brooke!

manicinsomniac Sun 11-Jan-15 21:08:52

I also have three girls and my older two daughters are half Brazilian so have Portuguese middle names:
Giovanna
Pietra
Gabriela
Fernanda

Rafaela is lovely. (would go you go for Haff-eye-ell-a or Raff-eye-ell-a? I prefer the Haff sound)

I prefer Sylvia to Sylvie and I'm not keen on Scarlett.

Zsazsabinks Mon 12-Jan-15 08:12:14

i like Sylvie and Scarlett on their own, just together...not so sure.

Camille is on the list! Blythe....hmmmm quite like that and Giovanna. Gabriela was the name we had before Rafaela but I don't like the shortened versions. I think we'd probably call her Raff rather than the Haff sound here, but I imagine DH family would go for the Haff pronunciation.

I think it would be amazing if we could just give them a number when they're born and then they can choose their own names when they get to 18! It's hard!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now