Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Possible girl name for sibling of Joshua and Harry

(17 Posts)
AgentOfShield Sun 11-Jan-15 13:37:46

Hello, We are expecting baby #3 and my husband and I are struggling to find a girl name that we both like, that also "fit" with our son's names. Our boys are called Joshua Charles and Harry Graham.

For a boy we have Toby Michael and for a girl we have decided that her middle name will be Rebecca (my mums and his twins names).

Can any of your lovely people find a name my husband doesn't frown at wink

BananaToast Sun 11-Jan-15 13:40:35

I love Joshua and Harry and they were on my long list of boys names.

Our girls list included:
Emily
Sophie
Jessica
Isla
Lucy
Emma
Rose
Anna
Cora
Holly

777emm Sun 11-Jan-15 18:01:10

as an Emily myself i love my name but i hate my middle name because it seems to go so well ppl call me Emily Jayne when i was young n had been a little naughty so unless you really like the name Emily Jayne i think i would change it to Emily Rose heres some more Emily Louise, Emily Katherine, Emily Ann, Emily Cordelia

777emm Sun 11-Jan-15 18:08:57

Sorry i didnt read your message very well did i after seeing my name Emily lets start again..... oo this is a hard one

777emm Sun 11-Jan-15 18:16:51

Sophie Rebecca goes nicely i think
Rebecca is a strong name to be in the middle would you consider the name as a first name?

bouncingbelle Sun 11-Jan-15 18:32:10

Eleanor /Ellie Rebecca
Shirley Rebecca
Sadie Rebecca
Amy Rebecca

Would you consider Rebecca as a first name but then calling them by their middle names as a lot of names 'flow' with Rebecca that way. But it might be a faff for forms and things hmm

WesH Sun 11-Jan-15 18:38:48

Anna rebecca
Lucy rebecca
Lauren rebecca
Sally Rebecca
Sara Rebecca
Ellie Rebecca
Catherine Rebecca
Kayleigh Rebecca
Hayley Rebecca
Victoria Rebecca
Rowan Rebecca

pieceofpurplesky Sun 11-Jan-15 18:41:24

Isla. Iona, Isabella ... I like order so then you would have an H, an I and a J

AgentOfShield Sun 11-Jan-15 19:58:59

Hi everyone, thanks for all your responses! Keep them coming! smile

777emm- Sophie Rebecca was our girls name for our last two pregnancies but after 6 years in reserve it's become kind of stale, which is a shame.

bouncingbelle- We never considered that possibility, thanks for the tip. Rebecca is such a harsh sounding name but its our little family tradition that we use the middle name to honour someone else so Rebecca is kind of two birds with one stone wink

pieceofpurplesky- I had the exact same thought especially as our only nephew is a Kyle! The trouble is a lot of I names end with a which is the starting letter of our surname so they tend to run together.

CharlesRyder Sun 11-Jan-15 20:18:36

Balancing out Rebecca in the middle is going to be really hard I think. It's going to need to be a REALLY strong first name.

Ingrid Rebecca
Caroline Rebecca (Joshua, Harry and Caro)
Rosaline Rebecca (Joshua, Harry and Rosie)

CharlesRyder Sun 11-Jan-15 20:20:42

Juliet Rebecca (Joshua, Harry and Jules)

manicinsomniac Sun 11-Jan-15 21:14:45

I don't think it matters if it flows. Rebecca isn't a name that is going to lend itself to being used much with the first name (as May, Rose, Grace, Jane, Marie, Louise, Claire etc do) so I doubt you'll be calling the two names together much.

I love Juliet Rebecca

Joshuas and Harrys that I know have sisters called:

Phoebe
Daisy
Meg
Jemima
Genevieve
Josephine
Georgia
Sarah

Phoebe Rebecca sounds good, I think.

AgentOfShield Mon 12-Jan-15 09:40:21

CharlesRyder - I think Juliet Rebecca sounds beautiful though my husband is an English teacher by trade so might object to Juliet because he is fed up of teaching that particular Shakespeare play to bored teens!

manicinsomniac- unfortunately hubby's twin sister has dibs Phoebe for their first child so apparently universal twin laws states the name is off our list wink

Fingers crossed for another boy or else baby girl might be stuck with whatever the midwife is called! grin

Clueing4looks Mon 12-Jan-15 09:46:59

Ivy Rebecca
Joanie Rebecca
Niamh Rebecca
Alice Rebecca
Camille Rebecca

777emm Mon 12-Jan-15 18:16:18

i think Emily Rebecca goes nice too... Rebecca is my sisters name

Tea1Sugar Mon 12-Jan-15 20:48:31

Chloe
Megan
Isabel
Erin
Emilia
Bethany

myotherusernameisbetter Mon 12-Jan-15 21:08:11

my first thought was Emily smile

Alison or Alice is also nice

Joshua, Harry & Esther
Joshua, Harry & Martha
Joshua, Harry & Celeste
Joshua, Harry & Louise

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: