Advanced search

josie-Louise. people's opinions?

(45 Posts)
bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 13:46:19

My little girl is due in 37wks
She has 2 sisters called lilly-marie and patsy and a brother called danny.
My partner wants to call her gypsy angry let's not even go there.
I love double barrel names but I never use my first borns properly, I just call her lilly. So I really need to encourage family (and myself!) to call her josie-Louise.
My only niggle is everytime I think of josie I picture that nhs boobjob mess of a woman!!!
Anyone like the name josie-Louise, do u think it fits in with the family's names? Honest answers I won't be offended grin x

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 13:46:45

*3 weeks!

Dailylurker Sat 10-Jan-15 13:49:56

I think Josie is ok and Louise is ok, but I don't like Josie-Louise. I am not a fan of double barralled names though.

Could Louise be the middle name?

stargirl1701 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:50:08

I don't like double barrelled names myself. This one reminds of Josie Jump from Balamory though. I'm not sure why.

SwedishEdith Sat 10-Jan-15 13:59:44

Too many of the same letters in the two names.

MaMaMarmoset Sat 10-Jan-15 14:02:18

I'm not anti double barralled names, but I don't think the two go together. I really like Josie.

BMO Sat 10-Jan-15 14:02:23

Josie is nice. Lily, Patsy, Josie and Danny all go together.

I read your title as Josie-Lousie. I'm not a fan of double barrelled anyway, but Josie-Louise doesn't work well.

threepiecesuite Sat 10-Jan-15 14:07:34

Josie-Lou is quite nice. I like Lou as a name in itself.

Sundayplease Sat 10-Jan-15 15:04:16

The only two Josies I know are elderly. I don't like Josie-Louise at all sorry.

CaptainAnkles Sat 10-Jan-15 15:05:37

I like both names separately but I'm not fond of hyphenated names. But even if I was, I'm not sure the two go together.

squoosh Sat 10-Jan-15 15:12:45

You've said yourself that your daughter Lilly-Marie is know to all including yourself as just Lilly. So I really doubt that everyone will call the new baby by a double barrelled name. Also Josie-Louise does sound a bit awkward, the two names don't flow very well. Josie by itself is lovely though.

And besides Lilly, Patsy, Danny and Josie sound much better as siblings than Lilly, Patsy, Danny and Josie-Louise.

p.s. Well done on vetoing your partner's suggestion of Gypsy!

MythicalKings Sat 10-Jan-15 15:13:34

Drop the hyphen and it's lovely.

callamia Sat 10-Jan-15 15:16:21

I read 'Josie-Lousie' too. The names don't flow nicely together, but they're both sweet on their own, or with other names. Are you dedicated to double-barrelling the first name? I've tried and I can't really think of anything I like that goes with Josie, it's a complete enough name in itself I think.

mytartanscarf Sat 10-Jan-15 15:44:52

I prefer Josie on its own, it's lovely smile

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 15:59:53

To be honest it's very likely she will end up being called josie by everyone. I really love the name josie, I like names that are unique (I know lilly isn't but at the time I chose it, it wasn't popular) I love patsy-you know when a name is exactly right? That's how hers is x

RJnomore Sat 10-Jan-15 16:02:08

It doesn't sound right.

Sadie would be a nice fit with your family names.

Sadie-Lou if you insist on double barrelling it.

Crownjewel Sat 10-Jan-15 16:03:35

I really like it!

Shesparkles Sat 10-Jan-15 16:07:08

I like it but find it difficult to say in its full form. I think Josie-Lou sounds lovely, and you'd probably have more chance of the full name being used as it kind of rolls well

Mumoftwoyoungkids Sat 10-Jan-15 16:22:21

I read it as "Jees-Louise" - sorry!

I like Josie though. Or Josephine with Josie for short although not sure it goes with the others. (Unless Patsy is really Patricia and Danny is really Daniel? Then it goes well IMO.)

DramaAlpaca Sat 10-Jan-15 16:37:37

Josie & Louise are too similar.

Josie-Lou is better.

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 16:48:36

Lol jees Louise. Danny and patsy aren't short, they're their actual names smile

Mumoftwoyoungkids Sat 10-Jan-15 17:01:24

Then Josie goes really well with them. smile

If you like unusual names how about Joely?

BMO Sat 10-Jan-15 17:02:12

I really like Patsy too OP, lovely names.

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 17:04:21

Thanks. She is a proper patsy aswell. Are we allowed to post pics? I'll show u BMO

bigfam Sat 10-Jan-15 17:06:07

This is patsy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now