Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Tiffany and Julian ???

(31 Posts)
ngocbao2512 Wed 07-Jan-15 03:49:53

my unborn baby girl and I do not know how to choose the name? please help me? I like Julian or Tiffany

LikeABadSethRogenMovie Wed 07-Jan-15 04:05:09

Julian's a boys name, isn't it? Julia is the female version.

purplemunkey Wed 07-Jan-15 04:26:22

Or Julianna, which is nice.

mathanxiety Wed 07-Jan-15 05:58:16

Theofania (the original name from which Tiffany comes) is nicer than Tiffany imo.

Julianne, Julianna, Julie or Julia would be the female versions of Julian. I love Julianna.

meandjulio Wed 07-Jan-15 06:00:40

Julian has been a girl's name (cf Julian of Norwich). I like it.

I do like Tiffany but that's partly because I know a lovely one.

KatieKaye Wed 07-Jan-15 06:12:47

Julian is a boy's name.

Julian of Norwich was called Julian - her name is unknown. The name "Julian" derives from the fact that her cell was built onto the wall of the Church of St Julian in Norwich.

KatieKaye Wed 07-Jan-15 07:01:51

Epic fail there - Julian of Norwich was NOT actually called Julian - she is known to history as Julian (for the above reason) but her real name is not known

FamiliesShareGerms Wed 07-Jan-15 07:04:21

I wouldn't call a girl Julian

I loathe Tiffany but because that's because of the EastEnders character I doubt that will be an issue for her peers

Deerhound Wed 07-Jan-15 07:24:42

Neither

Sorry

Juliana as suggested above?

squoosh Wed 07-Jan-15 12:02:26

Juliana or Juliet are lovely.

ngocbao2512 Thu 08-Jan-15 02:45:44

oh , You can suggest me a name not ?

mathanxiety Thu 08-Jan-15 06:13:33

Since it is a girl, you should choose a girl's name.

HelloItsStillMeFell Thu 08-Jan-15 06:24:33

Do you actually mean Julian for a girl, or do you mean Julianne?

Julian is definitely only a boy's name and you will provide her with a lifelong irritant and make her life very complicated if you call her Julian. shock

Tiffany is horrible. What about Justine or Juliet?

lazydog Thu 08-Jan-15 06:54:14

Julian is not "definitely" only a boy's name. I know a 12 year old girl with that name. She's the first I've heard of, but it really suits her. Maybe because she's very feminine/pretty looking though? I can imagine there'd be potential confusion if she was boyish looking? I remember my much older brother's friend referring to me as "your little brother" when I was around that age - the name "Alex" and a very unflattering short haircut really didn't help grin

lazydog Thu 08-Jan-15 06:54:19

Julian is not "definitely" only a boy's name. I know a 12 year old girl with that name. She's the first I've heard of, but it really suits her. Maybe because she's very feminine/pretty looking though? I can imagine there'd be potential confusion if she was boyish looking? I remember my much older brother's friend referring to me as "your little brother" when I was around that age - the name "Alex" and a very unflattering short haircut really didn't help grin

lazydog Thu 08-Jan-15 06:55:41

Oops, sorry!

lazydog Thu 08-Jan-15 07:07:46

Just been googling and the only reference I can find to another female Julian is en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Children_of_Men ... Probably not a coincidence that the mother of the female Julian I know is an author.

StrawbRhi Thu 08-Jan-15 16:21:16

Perhaps OP would prefer Julienne? I love it, could be Jules for a nn.

squoosh Thu 08-Jan-15 16:23:09

Julienne reminds me of vegetables.

mathanxiety Thu 08-Jan-15 16:47:38

I think we have so far identified two or at most three females with the name Julian, one of whom was actually anonymous and known as Julian only because it was convenient, and one of whom was a fictional character.

I really don't think Julian qualifies as a girl's name..

Lunastarfish Thu 08-Jan-15 17:55:30

I like Tiffany. Not many around these days

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 08-Jan-15 18:41:17

True, Luna - in fact a Tiffany might feel rather alone now...

Lunastarfish Thu 08-Jan-15 19:17:33

smile that song is stuck in my head now!

FamiliesShareGerms Thu 08-Jan-15 21:36:05

Ha ha - me too smile

meandjulio Thu 08-Jan-15 21:44:18

Learn something new every day - thanks Katie smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: