Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby names

(10 Posts)
Bababea Mon 05-Jan-15 09:38:00

Hello,
I am due with my second baby at the end of Feb. My partner and I cannot not agree on a name, make or female and as we opted not to find out the sex we need one of each.

I like the name Florabella. I saw it on a baby name website. I can't find out anymore about this name, I have tried googling to find out its origins but no such luck.
Does anyone know anything about it? Or have you heard it before?

EatShitDerek Mon 05-Jan-15 09:39:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MagratsHair Mon 05-Jan-15 09:51:09

Second the baby name section.

www.britishbabynames.com/blog/2011/05/bell-and-beyond.html

It looks as though Florabelle is essentially a made up name or a compound name & as such an origin or meaning may be tricky. Flora means flower as you probably know but if you consult google there is no meaning for belle. There's a French boy's name of Bell meaning handsome but probably not what you're going for smile I suppose belle can mean beautiful if you want it to though.

I went to school with a Fleur but have not known a Florabelle.

MagratsHair Mon 05-Jan-15 09:52:51

If you google Florabella, its also the name of a photography business, a florist & a beachwear collection. So not too bad...

Bababea Mon 05-Jan-15 10:03:49

I googled it and put it in facebook and searched the people bit and there are about 20 Florabella's

I thought it was a compound name. I have also seen it as Florabelle or Florabel.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Jan-15 16:19:50

Hi there,

We have moved this thread over to our Baby names topic now.

shakemysilliesout Mon 05-Jan-15 16:40:40

I like them said when they don't run in to each other, so more flora-bella, to avoid a 'rab' sound in the middle.

That being said, it's quite frilly, it sounds like a floristry business too. I think I prefer flora or bella. They are both lovely stand alone names

Benchmark Mon 05-Jan-15 19:49:52

I really like this name but prefer Florabel.
I like the shortening Florrie.

Deerhound Tue 06-Jan-15 12:25:23

I much prefer Florabel or Flora Belle

Too many a's in Florabella for my liking

Deerhound Tue 06-Jan-15 12:27:09

Christabel is also lovely and has great feminist credentials

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now