Talk

Advanced search

anyone else not like their d.cs name/s anymore

(17 Posts)
Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 03-Jan-15 22:05:15

Or are you happy with your choice. Or if you had your time again would they be called something different

ICantDecideOnAUsername Sat 03-Jan-15 22:19:29

Nope, happy. I love ds's name almost as much as I love him. Did have doubts at first but it was too late - it had been announced on Facebook grin. I especially love it when he says all three names so quickly they are all rolled into one (he's 3); usually in response to "are you a pickle/monster/monkey?", "No, I'm....!"

mamalovebird Sat 03-Jan-15 22:27:40

The opposite. I was unsure on dd's name for about a year but I now love it. It was quite unusual and I doubted myself but im glad I went with it.
Ds name was DH's first choice. He was always going to be called something else but when he arrived that name didn't feel right so we went with DH's choice and it suits him perfectly.

burgatroyd Sun 04-Jan-15 08:40:06

I changed dd2 name. I love it but also love so many others! grin

BauerTime Sun 04-Jan-15 08:44:51

DS's name is awesome and suits him completely.

My friend however is currently considering changing her 9 mo DD's name as it's 'really common'

isthisjustfantasy Sun 04-Jan-15 19:15:41

I absolutely love DS's name. It's unusual but really suits him. I'm 29 weeks pregnant with DC2 and struggling to find a girl's name I love as much.

RaisingMen Mon 05-Jan-15 18:26:16

I love my sons name, I had doubts at first but I'm so glad I went with it. Like the above poster, I'm pregnant again with a girl and really struggling to find a name I like as much.

BauerTime Mon 05-Jan-15 20:36:20

Girls names are hard!

StrawberryMouse Mon 05-Jan-15 20:51:06

I love the names of both of mine although they are quite popular now. It doesn't bother me tbh.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 05-Jan-15 20:56:08

I adore DD's name. It wasn't really a name I had ever thought of until I was pregnant but it's perfect. Struggling to think of names for DC2 though and think it will end up being a 'compromise' name sad

flowerbum Mon 05-Jan-15 21:13:23

I'm having doubts now! It's a horrible feeling!

Purpleflamingos Mon 05-Jan-15 21:21:49

I've had my wobbles but generally I'm happy. The only thing I regret is not giving them 2 middle names when I really wanted to. I've been looking at deed polls online as I'm only adding an extra name.

lalaladeedah Mon 05-Jan-15 21:26:01

A bit.
I love the name still, but I'm not sure it actually 'suits' my DD. Kind of like "her name was Deborah, it never suited ya" type vibe.

It's an unusual name, and I think she can pull it off, but she is quite a sweet, quiet girl that it jars with her personality a bit. I think she might have been better off with a 'sweeter name' like Sophie or Katie.

LAB123 Tue 06-Jan-15 06:03:25

Yes I feel a bit like that with DD. Husband and I really struggled with girl's names and it all felt like a compromise. He insists on shortening it and even used the short version when he emailed everyone to say she'd been born. I was too out of it to know/care then but as a result everyone calls her by the short version. I've asked a few of my friends to use the full name but he thinks I'm being stupid. Anyway if I could go back I'd probably choose a different name. Feel awful saying that because it really suits her and can't actually imagine her as anything else now.

Chottie Tue 06-Jan-15 06:11:46

Those of you with boy's names, could you share them please? flowers

Frikadellen Tue 06-Jan-15 12:48:20

I love all 4 of my children's names. Not regretted them once. I do sometimes wish we had simply given dd3 her mn as her main name but I love her first name too so... To Chottie my son is called Conrad

looki Tue 06-Jan-15 15:07:21

I regret one of my children's names. It was so easy for my first child, I had a name that I was always going to use and I didn't even have to think about it.

For my second child, I couldn't come up with a girl's name that I 'loved', so we picked one we both liked well enough. I wouldn't give her that name again if I had a chance to rename her, its definitely a marmite name.

I hate when people ask what it is and always hesitate before replying, sometimes I even inwardly cringe. That sounds awful doesn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now