Talk

Advanced search

Narrowing down list for DD2!

(25 Posts)
Sparkleheart Sat 03-Jan-15 11:53:06

Which do you like best from our list please?! Chopping and changing a lot but these ones seem to remain so assume it will probably be one of these we will ultimately choose. Unless someone suggests something we both totally love of course! DD1 is Louisa so would like it to sound nice with that but it's not totally necessary.

Here's the list

Ruby
Olivia
Clara
Megan
Isabella
Caitlin
Rebecca

Just to add we are in Northern Ireland so the popularity of certain names is quite different here and we are fine with how popular any of these might be.

Thank you!

RichardParkerTheTiger Sat 03-Jan-15 11:58:02

I vote Clara or Rebecca (both of which were on our shortlist).

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 03-Jan-15 12:00:25

Ruby, Clara & Caitlin are lovely names. I quite like Megan but don't think it sounds as nice with Louisa as these 3 do

loislines Sat 03-Jan-15 12:45:41

Clara or Rebecca get my vote. Lovely names and go well with Louisa.

moxon Sat 03-Jan-15 12:49:28

Olivia and Clara from me!

Bowlersarm Sat 03-Jan-15 12:51:49

Louisa and Rebecca

turdfairynomore Sat 03-Jan-15 12:56:01

I teach P1 in NI and I've taught all of those-except Clara! Ruby, Isabella and Olivia are increasingly popular. Caitlin, Rebecca and Megan would have been more popular a few years ago. I vote Clara!!

MadameJosephine Sat 03-Jan-15 12:56:12

Rebecca gets my vote.

I do like Clara too but the potential for mispronunciation would put me off. Same with Caitlin which I think in some parts of Ireland might be pronounced Cat-leen rather than Kate-Lynn

squoosh Sat 03-Jan-15 13:10:12

Definitely Clara.

BabyX Sat 03-Jan-15 13:23:04

I don't think Clara works with Louisa, nor Olivia.

I think Isabella.

Deerhound Sat 03-Jan-15 15:27:32

Good list.

My favourites are Clara, Megan and Rebecca.

Less keen on Ruby, Olivia and Isabela

Isabella is my favourite.

Ruby 5
Olivia 7
Clara 2
Megan 6
Isabella 1
Caitlin 4
Rebecca 3

Sophronia Sat 03-Jan-15 18:12:45

Clara, Isabella or Rebecca. I think they go best with Louisa.

baskingseals Sat 03-Jan-15 18:14:47

Clara

TiedUpWithString Sat 03-Jan-15 18:16:17

Megan. I think it sounds best with Louisa!

iamnotthemoronwhisperer Sat 03-Jan-15 18:23:26

Another vote for Clara.

I also really like Rebecca but didn't consider it for dd as I really don't like the abbreviation!

shakemysilliesout Sat 03-Jan-15 18:55:27

All great!

AlpacaYourThings Sat 03-Jan-15 18:59:50

Lovely list, my favourites are:
Ruby
Olivia
Megan
Isabella

DramaAlpaca Sat 03-Jan-15 19:59:54

All the names on your list go beautifully with Louisa.

The only one I don't really like is Caitlin because I'm not keen on the way it's usually pronounced in NI (a bit like Cotch-leen), and I don't think it goes as well with Louisa as your other choices.

I think my absolute favourite with Louisa is Olivia.

Sparkleheart Sat 03-Jan-15 21:10:53

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful so far! Looks like Clara is the clear front runner, followed I think by Rebecca which for some reason I didn't expect! Iamnotthemoronwhisperer I'm a bit the same as you in not being overly fussed on any of the nn for Rebecca so that had put me off slightly. Although I do love the full name, especially with Louisa.
Had a bit of a spanner in the works from DH now though who has decided he isn't so keen on Clara, Isabella and Megan so my list has suddenly got shorter! I'm not so keen on Caitlin so looks like realistically we are now left with
Ruby, Olivia and Rebecca! It's so hard to know if any of these are definitely 'the one'! I always thought if we had another girl we would call her Georgia for sure but then when I actually got pg I seemed to go off it as I wasn't sure if it sounded as 'pretty' as it looks iykwim? Wish I just still loved that, then this would be so much easier!!

BabyX Sat 03-Jan-15 22:12:47

Oh Georgia is very nice with Louisa.

squoosh Sat 03-Jan-15 22:24:41

I prefer Georgia to Ruby, Olivia and Rebecca.

Sparkleheart Sat 03-Jan-15 23:00:47

Does it have a pretty enough sound do you think? Especially in comparison to Louisa? Maybe I could love it again!! I really also loved it as we call Louisa Lulu sometimes and love Gigi as a nn for Georgia. Think those sound so cute together!

calzone Sat 03-Jan-15 23:03:50

Love Clara.....

CeCe as a nickname.....smile

daholster Mon 05-Jan-15 21:59:38

I know a Georgette... Louisa and Georgette goes if you want the George factor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now