Talk

Advanced search

What will be Claudia's middle name?

(38 Posts)
marshmallowpies Tue 30-Dec-14 18:11:08

Our DD2 is due in around 6 weeks and so far the only name DH & I agree on is Claudia. (We initially liked Francesca but decided it was a bit too much of a mouthful).

No strong feelings about middle names though - we already used 'family' names for DD1 so there is no name I feel we ought to use.

The only one I like so far is Claudia Emmeline but think DH will say it's too long.

Names ending in T don't suit our surname so Harriet, Juliet, etc are out.

Dd1 has a name starting with M, same syllables as Claudia. She has 2 middle names as we were trying to please both grandmothers! I'd really like to give both girls 2 middle names just to be consistent but DH keeps telling me it will drive them mad when filling out forms later in life!

Any ideas?

moxon Tue 30-Dec-14 18:48:35

Joan
Gayle
Terese
Beth
Frances

marshmallowpies Tue 30-Dec-14 18:55:17

Ooh I hadn't considered Frances for a middle name, having discounted Francesca. Claudia Frances is lovely. Joan is not likely though as one of DD1's middle names is Jane.

Deerhound Tue 30-Dec-14 19:38:31

Emmeline is great. How about Adela (Emmeline Pankhurst's daughter I think) or Estelle (Sylvia Pankhurst's given name)

GiantGaspingSatanicCyst Tue 30-Dec-14 19:41:01

Ours is Robyn smile Congratulations on your great taste in names grin

Wassat Tue 30-Dec-14 19:43:31

We have an Elizabeth smile

FelineChristmassy Tue 30-Dec-14 19:44:30

Jane, obviously grin

Smugnogplease Tue 30-Dec-14 20:18:17

My Claudia has mn Josephine. Love Claudia! ( and would love Claud for my next ds but that's weird right??)

Boomtownsurprise Tue 30-Dec-14 20:22:35

Jean.

Claudia-jean is also the character off the west wing. Amazing. CJ for short. Ultra cool to have initials option when a teen btw

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Tue 30-Dec-14 20:23:10

Hélêne

Goes beautifully with Claudia.

Teds77 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:25:18

Frances is lovely. What about your name or mn as a second mn? Might be be nice for both dds to have a family name?

marshmallowpies Tue 30-Dec-14 20:45:30

Don't like my own name enough to use it!

We've already used Elizabeth & Jane as DD1's middle names. Put all my eggs in one basket as I never imagined I'd be lucky enough to have a second child - would use Elizabeth as a first name if we hadn't already used it!

We love the West Wing & the character of CJ was a big inspiration behind the name but for that reason I want a different middle name, I wan to make sure she has a name that's unique to her!

sleepywombat Wed 31-Dec-14 05:21:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Belazu84 Wed 31-Dec-14 11:43:31

Claudia Madeleine has same feel to Emmeline.

Claudia Frances Lucy
Claudia Emily Grace
Claudia Evelyn Hope

Could you find other meaningful names for your middles? You've used the family ones but how about favourite characters, authors, musicians or godparents etc?

Deerhound Wed 31-Dec-14 12:47:10

Claudia Juliet Frances
Claudia Frances Alice
Claudia Frances Emilie
Claudia Frances Therese
Claudia Frances Adele
Claudia Jolie Frances
Claudia Joy Frances

flashystars Wed 31-Dec-14 13:02:35

Claudia Lucy Winter

moxon Wed 31-Dec-14 14:02:11

Claudia Frances Lucy (or even Lucie) sounds and looks fab!

Lunastarfish Wed 31-Dec-14 20:33:50

Claudia Eloise

Donthackmenow Thu 01-Jan-15 08:04:53

I was wondering whether Madeleine might be the OP's other darling daughter's name.
What about
Rose
Poppy
Helen

marshmallowpies Thu 01-Jan-15 12:58:07

No, she's not Madeleine.

We can't do flower names either as our surname is also a colour & floral names just don't go (imagine being called Teresa Green or something like that...)

Blueberrybaby Sat 03-Jan-15 22:56:19

We used Olympia for ours (family name) so it's a bit of a mouthful but quite dramatic. If we hadn't have used that then Charlotte or Elise were on the cards.

LeoandBoosmum Sat 03-Jan-15 23:23:31

Claudia Noelle
or
Claudia Noelle Frances

..although she doesn't need two middle names, does she? I mean, that was to pay tribute to relatives, wasn't it?

marshmallowpies Sun 04-Jan-15 09:03:30

I don't think she HAS to have 2 middle names but I feel like I have to be fair when doling out names - I was always jealous of people who had 2 mn when I was a kid, it always seemed a bit glamorous and exotic. So I feel like I have to give them both 2, but the second one will have to be a short name!

DH has currently gone cold on Claudia but that's another story, we don't have a back up first name at all!

SuzySheepSmellsNice Sun 04-Jan-15 09:06:18

Sofia

LarrytheCucumber Sun 04-Jan-15 16:00:45

Is it Clawdia or Cloudia?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: