Talk

Advanced search

Need help with boys names- there aren't many I like!

(24 Posts)
Roseylee20 Thu 25-Dec-14 18:17:38

So today we opened our envelope which had the gender written down inside from the hospital, and we're having a boy! I've said it's a boy from the beginning, so have had quite a few months to think, but I'm struggling!
I had a whole list of girls names, but didn't realise how picky I actually was with boys names! I've trawled the internet too. Now, I don't like very ordinary names such as James, John, Liam etc (sorry I don't want to offend anyone, just personal preference!). I have a small part of Spanish in my family, but probably not enough to start thinking of Pedro's and Diego's! I also have Scottish and Irish! The "list" so far is;

Theo
Max (partner doesn't like!)
Bailey
Tyler
Kyan
Corey (not entirely sure yet)

I don't know if it helps if I list the girls names I loved? So you get the jist of my thinking!

Dolly (99.9% would of been first choice if it was a girl)
Shiloh
Talia
Tallulah

All suggestions are welcome! Thank you in advance!

Roseylee20 Thu 25-Dec-14 18:18:09

Merry Christmas to everyone too!! X

GoldfishSpy Thu 25-Dec-14 18:22:51

I like Max from your list
What about:
Rory
Barney

Mrsgrumble Thu 25-Dec-14 18:30:55

I am probably the opposite to you and love the classic names but also like you names - esp max and theo are great

Would you like Caolan, Fergal, Fintan, Keelan, with your irish heritage ?

Juan
Jose
Louis

Congrats on you special news x

hashtagwhatever Thu 25-Dec-14 18:34:57

Rory
Malachy - ds2 name
Gabriel
Finley
Tiernan

Madamecastafiore Thu 25-Dec-14 20:48:42

Theo and Max the other names in your original list are surnames or names that I would automatically judge you on.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Thu 25-Dec-14 20:51:08

I think we have very different taste in names. I don't like surname - names or cutesy girls names.

So if I say I like Theo and Max that probably doesn't help.grin

Mamab33 Thu 25-Dec-14 20:57:41

How do you pronounce Talia? Tay-lee-ah or Tah-lee-ah

sebsmummy1 Thu 25-Dec-14 21:02:23

Funnily enough I've just added Maximus (max) to our list after watching Gladiator. I love it!

Deerhound Thu 25-Dec-14 22:22:08

From your list: theo or max, otherwise maybe leo?

emeline Fri 26-Dec-14 07:12:55

Theo and max are both lovely names. I like Corey too. And Corin, which is similar, and Corran, which is Gaelic.

ChristmasEveSteve Fri 26-Dec-14 07:19:10

Bailey is getting very popular. How about Zach, Kieran, Daniel or Conrad?

sashh Fri 26-Dec-14 07:28:37

Sebsmummy

You do know what gluteus maximus means?

Newshoesplease Fri 26-Dec-14 07:34:29

Yes but surely the maximus part just means "greater" or similar.
I still don't know what I'm having, but I'm hovering around these threads recently for inspiration.
Op I like theo and max, too.

sebsmummy1 Fri 26-Dec-14 07:44:13

Your arse? Hadn't even thought of that!

I was looking at the name Dominic today online and someone was talking about the nn Dom-a-dick hmm. I have a feeling with kids there is no 'safe' name grin

SootInMySack Fri 26-Dec-14 07:46:23

I like kyan. The boys names I liked were, Tristan and Alexander. How about Ciaran, Niall, Ronan, Finn, Conan?

peacefuleasyfeeling Fri 26-Dec-14 07:57:07

Elmo
I think it is lovely. It was top of our list (was a girl), and I seem to remember it means 'God's love' or similar. Ancient and contemporary all at once (certainly pre-dates a little red puppet).

Roseylee20 Fri 26-Dec-14 09:33:16

Hi everyone thank you. Yes Theo and Max seem to be my favourites at the moment too - just need to get my partner on board with them! X

tiggy2610 Fri 26-Dec-14 09:37:13

I'm slightly biased as we've chosen Max for our baby boy who is due next month, but we love it grin Theo was also on our list too.

BrightestAndBest Fri 26-Dec-14 09:44:26

My favourite is Theo, followed by Max.

Bailey is a girls name (at least the one child I know with this name is a girl - so at the very least it is a unisex name).

How about Guy, Hugh, Keir or Luca?

calzone Fri 26-Dec-14 09:48:31

You started well with Theo and Max. smile
I have a Max and he adores his name......

Then the list went dodgy into trendy modern names which I Would also judge you on......wink

I also like

Rufus
Benedict
Reuben
Harry
Josh
Micah

ZebraGiraffe Fri 26-Dec-14 13:26:18

I love Theo and Max

What about
Sebastian
Ted
Reuben

Sophronia Fri 26-Dec-14 15:53:36

Max is my favourite. Good luck deciding.

nevergooglebrandybutter Fri 26-Dec-14 16:26:43

I have a Magnus and a Solly, they might be ones you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now