Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Now for the girls names......

(15 Posts)
pregnantnursey89 Tue 23-Dec-14 18:53:52

Firstly, thanks for everyones comments on my boys name thread. After a very long discussion we have decided to stick with Noah. With our back up name being Zach. We realised we both loved this originally for a reason and we should go with our hearts on this one :-)

Now for the girls names...... We are massively struggling with these. I have 2 names in my head.
● Florence (but not keen that it can have so many shortenings and wonder if she will just permanently have a nickname and not use her full name)
● Darcey (Keep coming back to this name - I personally have a unisex name and always thought I would give my girls really girly names for this reason, but something keeps drawing me back to this!)

Any other suggestions would be great. I am not necessarily looking for any specific style, just a name I love! And it needs to be something that goes nicely with my boys names (planning for the future baby no 2! Haha!)

Many thanks!!!!!

myotherusernameisbetter Tue 23-Dec-14 19:25:52

Darcey seems to be a bit "common" how about Dulcie instead?

shakemysilliesout Tue 23-Dec-14 21:39:42

Julia

Fiona

Felicity

Christina

Deerhound Wed 24-Dec-14 00:06:21

I like Florence, and Flo is also cool so wouldn't worry about nicknames. Glad you've chosen Noah (I know a Noah with a brother named zack smile)

manicinsomniac Wed 24-Dec-14 01:19:24

I really like Darcey and Florence is okay.

Other suggestions:
Autumn, Arabella, Abigail, Amy, Alannah, Astrid, Bethan, Beatrice, Bryony, Clara, Clarissa, Cassandra, Claudia, Ciara, Cerys, Diana, Emilia, Eloise, Ebony, Esther, Erica, Eden, Francesca, Felicity, Fallon, Grace, Gabriella, Genevieve, Georgina, Hannah, Harriet, Hadley, Halle, India, Imogen, Isla, Juliet, Jasmine, Joanna, Kayla, Katie, Kiran, Lucy, Lydia, Layla, Lyra, Melissa, Morgan, Miranda, Natasha, Nia, Nancy, Orla, Paige, Piper, Philippa, Phoebe, Polly, Quinn, Rosie, Rhiannon, Savannah, Sophie, Sadie, Saskia, Tara, Thea, Verity, Violet, Willow, Xanthe, Yasmin, Zara.

babyblabber Wed 24-Dec-14 07:26:01

I have Noah & Sophia and another DD due in 5 weeks! Finding it very hard this time but on the ever changing list are:

Chloe
Penelope
Rebecca
Poppy
Amaya
Aurora/Aurelia
Lola
Mila
Annabel
Eloisa
Clara
Olivia
Willow
Elodie
Alannah

sebsmummy1 Wed 24-Dec-14 07:29:36

We have been talking names and like Charlotte, Georgia, Angelica, Esmae, Josephine, Robyn, Alexandra

Sophronia Wed 24-Dec-14 12:44:26

I definitely prefer Florence to Darcey.

flowerbum Fri 26-Dec-14 22:38:54

I think if you keep coming back to darcey then that should be the one! A lovely name. I have just called my girl megan. I had a list but kept coming back to megan. Think I slowly fell in love with the name

pregnantnursey89 Mon 29-Dec-14 11:22:05

Thanks everyone for your messages so far.....
I decided to stick with Noah because despite looking at other names that's the one I kept coming back to.
Still a bit stuck on girls names though. Any more help would be greatly received!!

Stace27 Tue 30-Dec-14 13:23:45

If mines a little girl we've decided on Talulah (Lula for short) X

Bobby1234 Tue 30-Dec-14 17:29:32

Florence, darcey is slightly common. Florence is classy and elegant x

Sleepyhoglet Tue 30-Dec-14 19:13:34

Beatrice?

Deerhound Tue 30-Dec-14 19:25:43

Beatrix?

Skiingmaniac Tue 30-Dec-14 20:31:30

Thea
Hebe
Venetia
Josephine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: