Talk

Advanced search

Sibset Emily and Annabelle and middle name?

(9 Posts)
wadjet78 Tue 23-Dec-14 16:02:56

What do you think of sibset Emily and Annabelle?

Emily's middle name is a family name. My DH loves the name Julia so wants Annabelle Julia for DD2. I don't love it and would much prefer a family name or name with meaning to us but I did choose DD1s middle name so he want chose DD2. What do you think? How did you choose middle names?

babyblabber Tue 23-Dec-14 17:12:23

Lovely names although much prefer Annabel spelling.

Julia is gorgeous and goes well with Annabel but I agree with picking a family name. Don't really see the point in middle names with no meaning.

Bowlersarm Tue 23-Dec-14 17:15:52

I prefer the Annabel spelling too, and I think Julia is lovely, quite unusual.

We have three boys and their middle names are a combination of names we just liked and family names. One DS doesn't have a family middle name. I don't think it matters which way a middle name is arrived at.

wadjet78 Tue 23-Dec-14 17:35:59

Thanks for your replies. I actually much prefer the spelling Annabel too (why couldn't I be married to you lot! ;) )but Annabelle is a compromise as DH wanted Annabella rather than Annabel. I think Annabella is too much alongside Emily so hence Annabelle and meeting in the middle.

In relation to MN, my worry is DD2 will think her name is less 'special' if it doesn't have the same family significance and meaning as DD1s. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it though.

Bowlersarm Tue 23-Dec-14 17:43:54

My DSes are teens and they really don't care about each other's middle names. I don't think they are even aware who even has a family name if I'm honest.

Not sure if girls might care more about it. Could you play down the fact that dd1s middle name does belongs to a family member, that you used it because you liked it rather than she was named for someone. (If you go with Julia)

GotToBeInItToWinIt Tue 23-Dec-14 17:44:14

It think Julia being 'daddy's favourite name' will make it special smile

myotherusernameisbetter Tue 23-Dec-14 18:46:05

Personally I'd go for Arabella Juliet grin

jazzyjenbo Tue 23-Dec-14 18:52:27

My ds has a family name as his middle name dd just has a name that flowed nicely.

Expecting dc3 atm... If a boy was going to hav a family name as middle name but sil has just used that name so we will just pick something we like.

In your case i love annabel, julia and suggestion of arabella

Emily and Julia sound very nice together ... So how about julia arabella.

If you are not convinced i would persuade dh on the annabel spelling... I read your annabelle as annabella

loislines Tue 23-Dec-14 18:55:17

I agree that it doesn't matter how you choose middle names. My daughter's is just a name we liked, my son's a family name but also that we liked. I think liking the name is the most important thing.

Julia is lovely and goes well with Annabelle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now