Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on 'Lucia Rose'

(11 Posts)
littlemissmonkey Fri 19-Dec-14 22:22:00

Any honest opinions on the name ' Lucia Rose' pronounced 'Loo see ah'

smile

bluewisteria Fri 19-Dec-14 22:51:54

I love it , but understand Lucia to be on 'lu-chia' with emphasis on 'ch', that's how Italian OH pronounces it. So Lu*chi*a

bluewisteria Fri 19-Dec-14 22:52:38

Sorry chi supposed to be in bold!

bluewisteria Fri 19-Dec-14 22:53:39

Or would I spell it Lu-chee-ah if pronouncing?! Yes I probably would!

Persipan Fri 19-Dec-14 22:59:11

Yeah, I agree that Lucia is one of those names that a certain proportion of people are always going to pronounce differently to how you intend them to.

bluewisteria Fri 19-Dec-14 23:02:39

I think if you pn the Italian way then it kind of easier to refer people to original pn. If you pn it in an anglicised way then I would guess more people would get it wrong?

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 20-Dec-14 18:43:29

It's lovely.

I would assume it was pronounced loo-chee-ah but I'd only have to be corrected the once.

Aurelia is another one there seems to be three camps for pronunciation. It wouldn't put me off using it as none are wrong. Same with Lucia.

Rustyzilla Sun 21-Dec-14 12:51:36

I work with a Lucia - she's Czech and it's pronounced Lutz-ee-ah. Love it like that! Makes it sound stronger to me.

Messygirl Sun 21-Dec-14 20:01:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spinduchess Mon 22-Dec-14 12:24:45

Rose is the number one most dull girls middle name at the minute. 40% of the class will share it.

Love Lucia though. I'd pronounce it Loo-chi-ah like the Italian lady I know.

cafecita Tue 23-Dec-14 01:47:22

DD= Lucía loo-see-ah, or Lucy - speak Spanish (lat am), though live UK
Loo-chi-ah is the pronunciation you'll get in the UK with Lucia. I mean, really, you can say it a thousand times and 80% of people at least you have repeated it to and even explained, will still say Loo-chi-ah. But that is how Lucia is pronounced most frequently, usually, certainly here. I still like it and if that doesn't bother you then of course I think it's the best name for a girl - 'bringer of light'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now