Talk

Advanced search

Names too similar?

(10 Posts)
SleepyBug Sat 13-Dec-14 01:06:34

Hello Ladies, I'm posting on behalf of one of my friends who is currently in a dilemma. My friend and her partner have fallen in love with the name Indigo for their little boy but my friends name is India. Are these names too similar? I personally think it could work, Opinions? India and Indigo?

Riverland Sat 13-Dec-14 01:12:08

I don't think he will like it much as he grows older, to be named so similarly as his mother. Could be a bit claustrophobic.

Just my very subjective personal feeling, is , avoid that sort of identification between mother and son.

burgatroyd Sat 13-Dec-14 08:26:03

Its not too similar. Indigo makes me think en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

How about Inigo? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inigo

TheObligatoryNotQuiteSoNewGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 21:17:01

I personally think it's too close, but I'm not about to legislate that other people couldn't do it.

One of my all-time favourite names is Emilio, but I've just about come to terms with the fact that I could never use it, since it's way too close to my name fenvy sulks

pilates Sun 14-Dec-14 22:38:02

No, too similar.

RandomHouseRules Sun 14-Dec-14 22:44:21

I've only known Indigo used for girls.

Hassled Sun 14-Dec-14 22:45:27

Too similar, sorry.

BlueStarsAtNight Sun 14-Dec-14 22:49:57

I think it's too similar, and a girls name

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Dec-14 22:52:02

Too similar for me, I'd get confused with "Indies". Who, me? him? both of us?

We rejected Alice and Ailsa for similar reasons, but I do know a brother and sister called Alistair and Alison who don't think their pair of names are at all remarkable. Their dad is called Alexander too!

manicinsomniac Mon 15-Dec-14 11:14:57

I think it's fine. At least it's not the same name.

My Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad were all called John. If I was a boy I think I might have been too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now