Talk

Advanced search

Names too similar?

(10 Posts)
SleepyBug Sat 13-Dec-14 01:06:34

Hello Ladies, I'm posting on behalf of one of my friends who is currently in a dilemma. My friend and her partner have fallen in love with the name Indigo for their little boy but my friends name is India. Are these names too similar? I personally think it could work, Opinions? India and Indigo?

Riverland Sat 13-Dec-14 01:12:08

I don't think he will like it much as he grows older, to be named so similarly as his mother. Could be a bit claustrophobic.

Just my very subjective personal feeling, is , avoid that sort of identification between mother and son.

burgatroyd Sat 13-Dec-14 08:26:03

Its not too similar. Indigo makes me think en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

How about Inigo? en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inigo

TheObligatoryNotQuiteSoNewGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 21:17:01

I personally think it's too close, but I'm not about to legislate that other people couldn't do it.

One of my all-time favourite names is Emilio, but I've just about come to terms with the fact that I could never use it, since it's way too close to my name fenvy sulks

pilates Sun 14-Dec-14 22:38:02

No, too similar.

RandomHouseRules Sun 14-Dec-14 22:44:21

I've only known Indigo used for girls.

Hassled Sun 14-Dec-14 22:45:27

Too similar, sorry.

BlueStarsAtNight Sun 14-Dec-14 22:49:57

I think it's too similar, and a girls name

BikeRunSki Sun 14-Dec-14 22:52:02

Too similar for me, I'd get confused with "Indies". Who, me? him? both of us?

We rejected Alice and Ailsa for similar reasons, but I do know a brother and sister called Alistair and Alison who don't think their pair of names are at all remarkable. Their dad is called Alexander too!

manicinsomniac Mon 15-Dec-14 11:14:57

I think it's fine. At least it's not the same name.

My Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad were all called John. If I was a boy I think I might have been too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: