Talk

Advanced search

Trying out baby names...

(7 Posts)
NinjaPanda34 Fri 12-Dec-14 21:30:39

Apologies if this has been done before- vaguely remember seeing something similar on mn, but can't find it? Basically looking for sentences to try out baby names in different contexts. (We're having twin boys) Add yours...

"x and x, your dinner's ready!"
"x, stop hitting your brother"
"winning the nobel prize is x"
"and it's x for the gold!"
"arise Sir x"
Etc etc

itssangriaoclock Fri 12-Dec-14 21:49:10

Apparently you should have them pinned to the fridge/kitchen cupboard etc. to see of you like the names
Written down, like them together. See how you feel about them after a few days.

The beckhams are meant to stand at the top of the stairs and call the name/names out when choosing names.

Good luck

myotherusernameisbetter Fri 12-Dec-14 23:39:31

we did the back door test - if you are comfortable shouting the name out the door then it's fine smile

shakemysilliesout Sat 13-Dec-14 15:09:07

Trouble with names on fridges is that I wouldn't want to invite comments and opinions from visiting friends and family.

itssangriaoclock Sat 13-Dec-14 22:32:30

Shakemysilliesout I would put a list including red herrings that way you would get peoples real reactions. Giving you time to consider it.

I do this, say I don't have any names. They start suggesting then I say the actual names to gauge the reaction.

TheObligatoryNotQuiteSoNewGirl Sun 14-Dec-14 21:11:18

Also make sure you're happy with them in both orders - x and y, and y and x, because you can be sure that they will get called in both orders. DBs are, for example, James and Henry, but everyone calls them Henry and James because that's alphabetical order, even though James and Henry is birth order.

Oh, and congratulations! grin

TheBooMonster Sun 14-Dec-14 23:00:53

You should also try screaming one or both over and over again in preparation for the terrible two's, nothing sounds more ridiculous as it turns out than someone screeching "Peaches!! Peaches!!! Peaches leave that alone! For gods sake Peaches!" I struggled to keep a straight face when a lady was yelling at her child in the Early Learning Centre...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now