Talk

Advanced search

Help us name #3!

(10 Posts)
ellamarie86 Tue 09-Dec-14 18:29:28

Im a new member of the forum smile Saw there was a baby names section & we've been having trouble thinking of names for our third baby so I thought I'd post and ask for some suggestions!

We have two kids: Anthony Edward who is almost 11, and Elizabeth Marie who is 6. Their names were so easy for us. Anthony was just a name we loved, and Edward is my DH's grandfather and father's name. Elizabeth is a family name, and so is Marie. (it's my middle name, my mums middle name and my grandma's first name - so it made sense for us to use it!)

We don't know the gender of this baby, and we had never thought about naming a third baby previously as we were sure that we were done having kids! anyway, so far we like the names:

Boys:
William
Benjamin
Oliver
James
Nathan

Girls:
Christiana
Sophia/Sophie
Katherine
Anna
Sylvia

The only problem is that our surname ends with N, so Benjamin, William & Nathan really don't sound that great with it. Another name I really like for a boy is Miles but my DH doesn't like it at all sad We like all the girls names but none of them are really standing out that much.

Do you have any ideas? any names you think we might like?

Thank you in advance smile

Sunflowersmiling Tue 09-Dec-14 22:41:57

Jessica for a girl
Thomas for a boy

loislines Wed 10-Dec-14 08:13:34

Nathaniel could solve the n N problem.

Anna and Katherine are lovely names.

manicinsomniac Wed 10-Dec-14 09:24:13

Boys:
William - really like it. Timeless and Classic
Benjamin - like it
Oliver - not keen but I don't know why. I think it might just be personal associations with people I know with the name as it's obviously a perfectly nice name!
James - quite like it.
Nathan - not overly keen but do love Nathaniel.

Girls:
Christiana - quite fussy. Prefer Christina
Sophia/Sophie - really like both
Katherine - really like it
Anna - really like it
Sylvia - quite like it

It sounds like you have quite traditional taste. How about:

Adam, Andrew, Alexander, Benedict, Charles, Christopher, Callum, Daniel, David, Elliot, Frederick, George, Henry, Isaac, John, Jonathan, Joseph, Joshua, Jacob, Jack, Luke, Lucas, Matthew, Mark, Michael, Nicholas, Oscar, Peter, Paul, Patrick, Richard, Robert, Samuel, Simon, Thomas, Timothy, Vincent, Zachary.

Amy, Alice, Alexandra, Abigail, Bryony, Beatrice, Bethany, Charlotte, Caroline, Caitlyn, Chloe, Claire, Emma, Emily, Eleanor, Erin, Esther, Frances, Francesca, Florence, Fiona, Grace, Georgina, Georgia, Hannah, Harriet, Isabel, Imogen, Jessica, Joanna, Jennifer, Julia, Juliet, Katie, Lucy, Leah, Lydia, Madeleine, Miranda, Matilda, Melissa, Miriam, Natalie, Natasha, Nicola, Nicole, Olivia, Rebecca, Rachel, Sarah, Samantha, Stephanie, Victoria, Zoe

ellamarie86 Wed 10-Dec-14 15:22:14

thanks for the replies! I like Thomas! Jessica is lovely but my DH has an horrible ex called that so it's out. Haha ;)

Nathaniel is a nice alternative to Nathan, I like it! I also like Andrew, Alexander, Christopher, Frederick (I love Freddie), Joshua, Nicholas & Zachary for boys and for girls I like the suggestions Beatrice, Charlotte, Caroline, Eleanor, Florence, Georgia, Juliet, Madeleine and Natalie. Lucy is lovely too but our DD gets Lizzie a lot and Lucy & Lizzie feel too close. But we did consider Lucy smile

Thanks again! I'll get my DH to look through these lists to see if he likes any.

Sophronia Wed 10-Dec-14 15:24:12

I like Katherine and Benjamin best with the siblings.

shakemysilliesout Wed 10-Dec-14 18:38:53

Christiana is waaaay too much. Other names are great though. Love names of dc1 and 2 also

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 10-Dec-14 19:00:24

I was going to suggest Nicholas as that seem the obvious boys choice but been beaten to it smile

for a girl I'd go for Gabrielle.

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 10-Dec-14 19:01:29

...or Louisa.

BlueChampagne Thu 11-Dec-14 13:02:08

How about Benedict instead of Benjamin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now