Talk

Advanced search

Names for both Boys & Girls?

(8 Posts)
Ems1812 Sat 06-Dec-14 12:06:53

I know this has been done before but I can't find the others. Just wanted opinions/ ideas on a few names I like, but can't choose between?

Poppy Florence
Daisy May
Gracie (again with Florence as middle)
Rosie

For boys I like

George
Louis

And then I run out of ideas! I already have H name for my DS so can't have Henry as I orginially wanted as sounds very similar. I don't like anything too quirky so it's difficult!

CalicoBlue Sat 06-Dec-14 16:31:07

My daughter is Florence.

I wanted a nice old fashioned name, so I looked at the names of her great grandmothers, the choices were Florence, Jessie (Scottish for Janet), Lena and Molly.

My son is Henry, with Dylan as a middle name. The only other boys names I wanted were Edward, Edmund, Oscar and Dylan. I did think of Great Grandfathers, but they were all John or David.

Friend of mine has Stan and Ray, they are nice boys names. I also like Albert (Bertie) and Frederick (Freddie).

So much choice, I do like your choices though.

manicinsomniac Mon 08-Dec-14 00:43:17

I don't really like Poppy or Daisy.
Gracie is cute but I would go for Grace with Gracie as a nickname
Rosie I really like (and, weirdly, wouldn't feel the need to christen Rose, Rosa etc like I would with Grace)

I like George but not Louis (I do like Lewis though)

Ems1812 Mon 08-Dec-14 10:30:17

I love Florence, it's a family name & it's so pretty. Henry Dylan is a lovely name & I like Albie (for Albert). A relative suggested Teddy the other day & I quite like that! Always liked Edward but can't stand Ed or Eddie as nicknames!
Manic- I love Rosie too, it's not a name that many call babies anymore (or just any that I know of!) but not so keen on Rose or Rosa so would definitely stick with Rosie on its own!

CalicoBlue Mon 08-Dec-14 20:13:22

If I had another boy he was going to be Edward, Teddy for short, Ned can be short for Edward too.

A friend of mine has three girls, Grace, Pearl and Ruby - all lovely names. Another old fashioned name I like is Esme, very pretty too.

I like Florence too, not that many around.

burgatroyd Tue 09-Dec-14 10:27:40

Don't like Daisy May.

Florence is nicest.

How about Iris, Violet, June, Mabel, Verity, Tabitha, Posy, Polly, Rita?

These are more unusual but not quirky.

Medibeagle Tue 09-Dec-14 14:16:09

Lilian Lydia Harriet Eloise all go well with Florence too smile

shakemysilliesout Tue 09-Dec-14 18:29:24

You really like flower names! Bit too cute for me but I vote Louis from boys list. What about Bernard?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now