Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration from road names! Less boring than it sounds hopefully.

(10 Posts)
BreeVDKamp Thu 04-Dec-14 16:19:18

Was just on the bus and noticed a road called Phoebeth Road. I thought, 'Wow, it's like Phoebe and Elizabeth in one!" (easily amused). Then the next road was Francemary.... and as the bus went on there were more and more name combos with every road!! I was transfixed!

I remember:
Amyruth
Huxbear (made me think of those modern classics, Huxley and Bear)
Francemary
Elsiemaud
My favourite being Phoebeth!

I thought, how nice and different. I bet there's a family with a Phoebe and an Elizabeth living on Phoebeth Road. I would love that!

It reminds me of that celeb that has just called their baby Elizabelle, can't remember who that was.

Anyway! Just thought I'd share with my fellow name fans.

myotherusernameisbetter Thu 04-Dec-14 16:58:37

Ha Ha, I moved to a new area and discovered I'd called my children after Roundabouts sad

divingoffthebalcony Thu 04-Dec-14 17:47:35

There's a street in Morden called Gavina Close. I wouldn't recommend that.

goshdarnit Thu 04-Dec-14 18:04:32

Nor would I recommend naming a child after the ancient byway in Oxford; Gropecunt Lane
grin

mathanxiety Thu 04-Dec-14 18:27:28

How about Pant-Y-Felin Road - twould probably be unique.

burgatroyd Thu 04-Dec-14 18:30:18

It was Alyssa Milano!

I actually like Elizabelle.

AnguaResurgam Thu 04-Dec-14 18:32:37

I think the name of this sort in the Percy Jackson books is a good one, that would work in RL: Annabeth.

shakemysilliesout Thu 04-Dec-14 19:32:36

There was that model on antm who was called Melissa rose but called herself Melrose- love it.

scurryfunge Thu 04-Dec-14 19:45:47

Down my way we have a Gibcracks Lane, Tinkers Hole, Cock Clarks and Fingringhoe ( my favourite). DS's middle name is from his place of birth (Edmund).

AnnaFender Fri 05-Dec-14 21:44:01

I moved round the corner from a shop that is my two dd's names mashed together (dds= Holly and Anna, Local shop= Hollianna)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now