Talk

Advanced search

Luca or Jack

(18 Posts)
Kellygatt Thu 20-Nov-14 02:20:57

Cannot decide between Luca or Jack. We are American, hubby is of Italian heritage with a very italian surname. I however am of Irish heritage. Currently debating on Jack Oliver, Jack Conall, Jack Luca........Or Luca John, Luca Jack, Luca Conall, Luca Oliver. Any opinions and/or new suggestions???

tammytoby Thu 20-Nov-14 06:41:08

I find Jack so overused, sorry. Luca is more unusual although I find it a little feminine sounding.

Kellygatt Thu 20-Nov-14 08:42:50

I suppose Jack is a bit overused. I just love the strong simplicity of it. Funny some consider Luca feminine. To me it's a gorgeous name .

Aimielea Thu 20-Nov-14 09:24:59

Luca, it's original I have met a few Lucas' but not a Luca. Jack is lovely but there will be lots in his class

tywysogesgymraeg Thu 20-Nov-14 09:27:22

I'd suggest not Luca unless you're actually Italian, rather than "of Italian heritage". DH has a Spanish surname and first name, but is third generation British. He gets really fed up of people asking him if he's Spanish. He's not, and he doesn't even feel remotely Spanish. He's British.

shakemysilliesout Thu 20-Nov-14 09:50:35

I know more baby/toddler Luca's than jacks. I like them both.

jusdepamplemousse Thu 20-Nov-14 13:41:50

Jack is lovely but very very popular. I love Luca and don't think you need to worry about the Italian connection at all but some feel very strongly about that on here! Seems to be growing in popularity in Ireland, maybe not so much in England?

ReggieJones Thu 20-Nov-14 14:41:24

Jack. Luca sounds too feminine (I know it isn't but it sounds it).

squoosh Thu 20-Nov-14 15:12:14

Luca will go well with an Italian surname but if it was me I'd go for Jack. Luca is suddenly so popular that it will probably seem more dated than Jack in 30 years time.

Luca Rossi v Jack Rossi
Luca Giordano v Jack Giordano
Luca Romano v Jack Romano

Yep, Jack for me.

Mrsgrumble Thu 20-Nov-14 15:15:06

I prefer luke to Luca

Saltedcaramel2014 Thu 20-Nov-14 15:17:34

I love them both but think Jack is a better bet - so classic it doesn't matter if it's popular. There are a lot of babies and toddlers in North London called Luca. Two in DSs nursery class. It seems to be v trendy at the moment. I almost called DS it and am quite relieved I didn't. Shame as I do think it's gorgeous, especially as your boy would have the Italian roots too

ButterflyOfFreedom Thu 20-Nov-14 16:26:48

Jack Conall - gorgeous!

Kellygatt Thu 20-Nov-14 18:06:45

Thanks to everyone. I love love Luca, however I have loved Jack for years and years. I think that we are going to go with Jack Conall!!!! Opinions on that? Thanks!!!!

squoosh Thu 20-Nov-14 18:07:44

Love the name Conal. I used to snog a very handsome one when I was about 15.

<sigh>

Sophronia Thu 20-Nov-14 22:24:35

Jack, it's handsome and classic.

DramaAlpaca Thu 20-Nov-14 22:27:43

Jack Conall is great.

I prefer Jack to Luca, even though it's very popular. As others have said, Luca sounds a bit feminine to me.

VioletVelvet Thu 20-Nov-14 22:48:46

Love Jack Conall, great choice smile

pilates Fri 21-Nov-14 18:13:20

Love Jack, it's my favourite.

Good strong solid name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now