Talk

Advanced search

Tamnyn?

(10 Posts)
Jumblebee Mon 10-Nov-14 20:19:54

Ok I shall start by saying I am NOT pregnant and not considering any future babyjumble names at all (because I already have them picked out grin)

I just want to know how ridiculous on a scale of 1 to 10 you think the name Tamnyn is! So it's not ACTUALLY a name, but I was reading a baby name thread where a PP suggested making a name up, and it reminded me of the name I had made up for my prettiest barbie as a child. And I swore I would call my first born daughter Tamnyn and would not care at ALL what anyone else thought wink

So give it to me straight, how ridiculous is the name Tamnyn? I can handle the truth smile although you will crush child me's heart

Sidge Mon 10-Nov-14 20:21:08

It looks like a typo for Tamsyn.

It's a bit of a clumsy mouthful too.

Bartlebee Mon 10-Nov-14 20:22:27

No. Silly.

KatieKaye Mon 10-Nov-14 20:22:34

Brutal truth - it sounds like a small child with a lisp mispronouncing Tamsin!

AlpacaYourThings Mon 10-Nov-14 20:22:50

10 being ridiculous?

About 35...

Jumblebee Mon 10-Nov-14 20:25:17

Hahah I did not think of the lisp thing, but it is a very good point grin I shall remember this if any future DDs come along and I have a moment of madness! My taste in names is otherwise very boring and normal smile

ourbabybeau Mon 10-Nov-14 20:26:35

Could you really imagine a 30 year old of importance being called Tamnyn? Sorry but it sounds like a buckess-getting pregant at 16-kinda-name

ShakeYourTailFeathers Mon 10-Nov-14 20:42:02

I know a Tamryn. Not so different, and yet soooo much better grin

TheCowThatLaughs Mon 10-Nov-14 20:44:09

I've heard of a Tamryn which is ok as a name

Jumblebee Mon 10-Nov-14 20:44:11

Oooh Tamryn is pretty! Rolls off the tongue a lot better than Tamnyn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now