Talk

Advanced search

Isabella Grace or Giorgio Nelson

(15 Posts)
Viperama Sun 09-Nov-14 15:49:51

Hi all, I'm pregnant with my first and think DP and I have settled on the above names. Surname starts with a T, so boy would be GNT which we think is actually quite fun, considering it's one of DP's fave tipples. Is that awful?

Is there anything we are missing with these names? DP is Italian so first names have to work in both languages, and we aren't bothered if a son ends up being called George by friends, though we live in multicultural Central London so might even be left as is.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Sun 09-Nov-14 16:03:58

Where have the middle names come from? I like Isabella and Giorgio but Grace is very common now as a MN and nelson isn't really my taste but there is nothing wrong with it per se.

Viperama Sun 09-Nov-14 16:22:12

I wanted v English middle names since the rest will be Italian.

Grace is a great great aunt who never had kids, but was kind & funny and I apparently take after physically and personality wise, it's also a nice personal attribute for a person to have.

Nelson is a strong name, not typical, and we think Mandela is a pretty awesome role model.

Girl's name = nice enough, although likely to be several in her class, if that bothers you. Don't like the boy's at all, sorry.

Leeds2 Sun 09-Nov-14 16:41:37

I like Isabella Grace.

I like Georgio, if it is used with an Italian surname. I don't like Nelson at all.

Solasum Sun 09-Nov-14 21:44:31

Nelson made me think first of the Simpsons, sorry.

SanityClause Sun 09-Nov-14 21:47:52

They are lovely names. Grace is lovely. I know it's a bit of a throwaway middle name, but it's too good for that IMO. Lovely to give her a family name.

SanityClause Sun 09-Nov-14 21:49:12

Sorry, went a bit overboard on the "lovely"s.

dorasee Sun 09-Nov-14 21:53:25

Isabella is too popular. What about Ilaria or Gioa Grace. Audina or Vanessa.
Giorgio is nice. I like the diminutive Gio. Nelson makes me think of those two Swedish guys. Not keen on Nelson unless it's a family name. That makes a difference.

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sun 09-Nov-14 21:56:33

Fabulous! Love them!

burgatroyd Sun 09-Nov-14 22:09:17

I second Gioia!

Smukogrig Sun 09-Nov-14 23:02:41

Isabella Grace was on everybody's list when I was pregnant 13 years ago with my first child. Nothing wrong with it though. I like Giorgio though!

What about Giulia for a girl?

Solasum Mon 10-Nov-14 08:11:21

Hora too instead

bridgetsmummy Mon 10-Nov-14 08:12:59

They are lovely names. Doesn't matter if a name is popular, it's popular for a reason!!!

lebkuchenlover Mon 10-Nov-14 08:29:22

Giorgio is lovely! Cool, classic, rarely used.

Isabella is very very common around here. Nice enough name but has lost some of its beauty through overuse imo. Also may have to add surname initial if there are several in the same class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now