Talk

Advanced search

Got a girls name now I need a boys name!

(23 Posts)
LovedandLoyal Fri 31-Oct-14 13:59:50

Me and DH have agreed on a girls name - Hattie Rose (Then surname).

I am struggling much more with a boys name. The ones I quite like so far are Albie, Greyson, Alfie or Barnaby. Which one is your fave?! DH quite likes Albie but not Barnaby but I think that's my favourite.

ButterflyOfFreedom Fri 31-Oct-14 14:39:33

The only one I like is Grayson (but would spell it like this).

Kantha Fri 31-Oct-14 18:19:15

Grayson with an 'a' is my favourite. Can't say why I like it more with an a than an e. Is Grayson Perry the artist with an a? It could be that association.

Barnaby is ok. Barney is a cute nn

Really don't like Alfie or Albie. For one thing they are so similar to each other and are popular now, so could sound dated in the future. I like Arthur/Artie more.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 01-Nov-14 23:31:39

Albie is so cute. I don't like Grayson or Barnaby. There's no denying Alfie is a good name but becoming riduculously too popular now it's to the point where you see a new a baby and go over and coo ask it's name and when they say Alfie I feel like saying. Is that the only boys name in the world.
Love Hattie Rose, by the way that's very pretty.
Will she be Harriet on her birth certificate.

Castlemilk Mon 03-Nov-14 14:18:59

Not Alfie, in 25 years it will be as if you'd called him Steve. Albie just seems like a variation on that, though Albert with Bertie nn would be better.

Like both Grayson and Barnaby, Barnaby better as Barney is a good nn.

Bowlersarm Mon 03-Nov-14 14:21:36

Barnaby.

Not keen on the others.

BlueStarsAtNight Mon 03-Nov-14 14:23:07

I don't really like nickname type names, so I'd vote Barnaby or Grayson. Depends in your surname, but I'd probably pick Barnaby.

diddl Mon 03-Nov-14 14:28:43

Barnaby.

rachel234 Mon 03-Nov-14 15:38:24

Barnaby is the nicest - strong, classic and not overused. Really dislike Alfie.

LovedandLoyal Mon 17-Nov-14 12:39:49

Agree. Since this post I have decided I don't want the name Alfie. Your right it's very overused now. I think we have settled on Toby Arthur smile

MiddletonPink Mon 17-Nov-14 16:52:08

Have Arthur first!

PunkAssMoFo Mon 17-Nov-14 19:25:59

Barnaby is by far my favourite. Love Toby too.
The others are fine.

LovedandLoyal Mon 17-Nov-14 21:37:56

I know I love Barnaby but DH is so against it which is a shame.

LovedandLoyal Mon 17-Nov-14 21:41:43

Oh and no it won't be Harriet on the birth certificate if a girl. Just Hattie as the full name. Not too fond of the name Harriet. I just think Hattie is such a cute girls name smile

verelab Mon 17-Nov-14 22:26:35

Just a word of warning: Toby is very popular where we are. At a toddler group this am, there were 3 Tobys out of 15 children.

Think it is climbing rapidly and could be the "next" Alfie in the next few years

Think Arthur much less popular - there are a few but not loads like Toby. So Arthur Toby?

LovedandLoyal Tue 18-Nov-14 14:30:51

I get that but I just don't seem to be so keen on unusual boys names or names that are less popular e.g. My DS is called Oliver! I just loved the name too much not to have it. Think I kind of feel the same about Toby. Alfie however is very popular but I also have gone off it as a name for a boy now.

Bowlersarm Tue 18-Nov-14 14:35:26

I like Toby. And it definitely goes with Oliver, another lovely name.

tammytoby Tue 18-Nov-14 14:46:10

Love Barnaby!

Agree that Toby, Alfie and Albie have become very 'trendy' and may start to fall out of favour and sound dated. I find them too cutesy personally too.

LovedandLoyal Tue 18-Nov-14 14:59:35

I would pick Barnaby now and be done with it but no convincing DH even after I showed him all these posts who favour that name the most! hmm
I would like a less popular name but I just don't like the boys names that are not in the top100! So annoying!

Bowlersarm Tue 18-Nov-14 15:09:26

Your DH isn't suddenly going to like Barnaby because a load of strangers tell him he should, OP!

Maybe you haven't found the right name yet for you both and need to keep looking. Or keep everything crossed and hope it's a girl, problem solved smile

LovedandLoyal Tue 18-Nov-14 15:16:48

I know I was kind of joking about that Bowlersarm...he obviously has his own mind hence why it's not happening. Also, I think we have found the right name and it's Toby for a boy and yes I know it MAY be popular but we BOTH agree on it smile

Bowlersarm Tue 18-Nov-14 15:19:57

Oh sorry blush took you too literally.

How long have you got to go?

LovedandLoyal Tue 18-Nov-14 15:22:39

No worries! A few months to go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now