(263 Posts)
TEACUP123 Mon 08-Sep-14 12:40:16

Prince James
of Princess Alexandra

nannyj Mon 08-Sep-14 12:41:40

Princess Elizabeth
Can't think do a boys name yet.

FoodieMum3 Mon 08-Sep-14 13:09:07

Let's resurrect this thread when the baby is born!

Princess Alexandra
Prince Albert

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 08-Sep-14 13:10:57

Alice or Thomas.

I think the pressure to pick a "traditional royal" name eases somewhat if they are further down the list of succession. DC6 will be Kaiden.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Mon 08-Sep-14 13:11:46

Princess Elizabeth
Princess Victoria

Prince Philp
Prince Charles

FoodieMum3 Mon 08-Sep-14 13:14:02

Thinkivebeenhacked grin !

AuntieStella Mon 08-Sep-14 13:17:04

A nostalgic look back to predictions past here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_royal_family/1085541-who-wants-to-speculate-on-willkats-first-childs-name

This time, I'd go for Alexandra (other candidates: Charlotte, Adelaide, Isabella, Victoria) or Richard (Stephen, John).

Not James as it's her brother.

MummyBeerest Mon 08-Sep-14 13:19:16

Alfred...sooo desperately want a King Alfie.

And...Alice for a girl. For no particular reason.

Username12345 Mon 08-Sep-14 13:21:31

Prince(ss) Spare.

BreeVDKamp Mon 08-Sep-14 13:27:50

Oh I reeeeeally hope they don't go for Adelaide sad I want it to remain as uncommon as poss haha.

Princess Charlotte
Princess Something Diana

Price Arthur would be cool!

Montsti Mon 08-Sep-14 14:13:28

Last time I guessed George or Charlotte/Alexandra.

I'll stick with Charlotte or Alexandra. For boys I'd go for Albert. Hope it's a girl though!

CruCru Mon 08-Sep-14 14:15:15

Prince Alexander (although I think this is one of George's middle names)
Princess Alice (it was the name of one of Queen Victoria's daughters).

I don't think they'll use Elizabeth or Philip unless one of them dies between now and the birth.

weatherall Mon 08-Sep-14 14:16:41

Auntiestella- wow that OP did well on her first guess! grin

Leeds2 Mon 08-Sep-14 14:20:04

I go for Alexandra (seems to be a bit of a favourite on here!), and Arthur.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Mon 08-Sep-14 14:20:59

Not James because the last King James was deposed, so I think it's regarded as bad luck for them now.

Probably not William as that would be a bit odd.

Not David because that was Edward VIII's name, and not Edward either because he has tainted that name too.

I'll go for Prince Arthur or Prince Louis.

Princess Alice or Princess Elizabeth or (just possibly) Princess Margaret. Leonie is nice too.

Clarinet9 Mon 08-Sep-14 14:27:11

Umm will think about it.
Not James because of the I/VI thing.
Not Alexandra George has Alexander for his second name so they have done for that now.

Elizabeth/Victoria/Mary/Rose were all popular last time and all good starts and of course Diana will try and come up with an order.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 08-Sep-14 15:08:11

They might honour male family if this ones a boy...

Prince First Name Charles Michael Henry Mountbatten Windsor

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Mon 08-Sep-14 15:10:28

Princess Victoria or Elizabeth or Catherine
Prince Charles or Arthur

AGnu Mon 08-Sep-14 15:50:53

Alice Margaret/Elizabeth Carole Diana

I don't want them to choose Alice or Elizabeth though - we might have an Elizabeth Alice one day. If it's a girl & not Alice, I'm guessing it'll be Victoria. Diana will be the last middle name & definitely not listed next to Elizabeth. Jane's another option. Or Mary.

If it's a boy I'm thinking Richard James Albert.

Thurlow Mon 08-Sep-14 15:51:51

Alice or Alexandra for a girl, definitely.

GlaceDragonflies Mon 08-Sep-14 15:55:05

Arthur for a boy because they have already used one of his grandfather's first names.
Angela or Marguerite/Margaret because William was said to be very fond of the Queen Mother.

Sophronia Mon 08-Sep-14 17:41:07

I don't think it will be Alexandra because Prince George's middle name is Alexander, same with Louis, and I dont think it will be James because William has a cousin James and it's Kate's brother's name.

They said they named their son George because they liked it, and it is a popular name at the moment. I can't see them using names like Richard and Victoria as they're a little bit out of style at the moment. They could use Elizabeth but I think they'd be more likely want the baby to have her 'own' name and not be named directly after the Queen (just a hunch). Similarly, I don't think they'd call it Catherine after Kate. I definitely don't think they'll use Diana, Carole or Frances. I don't think they'd use Albert because of 'Prince Albert'(!)

I think it will be either Alice or Arthur, but I could see Charlotte, Eleanor, Matilda or Rose for a girl (apparently Kate likes Rose), and maybe Alfred for a boy, although I can't imagine a Prince Alfie (would be cool though!) grin

BlueStarsAtNight Mon 08-Sep-14 18:30:53

I think it will be

Princess Charlotte or Princess Isabella

Or

Prince Arthur or maybe Prince Peter

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 08-Sep-14 18:32:25

Princess Alice Margaret Victoria

Lunastarfish Mon 08-Sep-14 18:37:04

Isabella or Charlotte for a princess.

Louis or Arthur for a prince.

British Royals have to stick to tradition unfortunately. Princess Hayley or Prince Jay would be fun though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now