Talk

Advanced search

Phoebe Chloe Willow or Daisy?

(22 Posts)
justhayley Sat 05-Jul-14 06:27:33

Hiya my baby girl is due in 2 2 1/2 weeks and the above are my fav girls - although probably have more chance of using Phoebe or Chloe than Willow or Daisy, DP is a bit more traditional and straight and boring

DS is Noah

What names your favourite?

Thank you
Xx

justhayley Sat 05-Jul-14 06:28:04

That TWO and a half weeks not 22 and a half

Coral2094 Sat 05-Jul-14 07:08:43

Willow is lovely

burgatroyd Sat 05-Jul-14 07:31:43

I know a willow, phoebe, a Chloe and three daisies.

Willow is lovely but would she mind the name if she's junoesque?

Phoebe is OK.

Chloe sounds lovely and has great meaning.

Other names...

Rose, rare as first name. Wonderful.
Hazel
Heather
Sky
Violet
Poppy
Posy
Saffron
Thisbe

The above suggestions are similar in sound and theme to yours.

Tea1Sugar Sat 05-Jul-14 08:59:59

Dd1 is Chloe so I'm biasedsmile

CheifSnotWiper Sat 05-Jul-14 09:10:58

I love Phoebe and Willow, Chloe and Daisy are much more common.

Benchmark Sat 05-Jul-14 09:36:25

All nice names. I like Daisy the most, then Willow, then Phoebe then Chloe.
Chloe is quite dated compared to the others.
I like Willow as a full name but it may get shortened to Will which I don't like.

Tiredemma Sat 05-Jul-14 09:37:51

I love Phoebe- we almost called DD it but went for Esme instead.

tilbatilba Sat 05-Jul-14 09:39:07

Chloe very overused - love Phoebe
, Daisy, Willow in that order .....

Notso Sat 05-Jul-14 09:44:27

I think Phoebe and Noah sound great as siblings.
I love Willow.
Chloe and Daisy are pretty but very popular.

AChildminder88 Sat 05-Jul-14 10:03:57

Pheobe and Noah are lovely together, but out of your list my favourite is actually willow. X

WhereHas1999DissappearedToo Sat 05-Jul-14 12:40:47

My favourite's Willow smile

Lucked Sat 05-Jul-14 12:43:24

Willow. I actually think Will would be a good nn for a tomboy

thornrose Sat 05-Jul-14 12:45:40

In the Year 4 at my school there are 7 girls named Daisy, 3 of them are in one class. It's really popular at the moment.

I love Willow.

SantanaLopez Sat 05-Jul-14 12:48:55

I dislike Willow because she'd be nicknamed Willy and if you were not willowy it would be a bit of a burden.

Phoebe is lovely.

zingally Sat 05-Jul-14 15:01:34

The best of those 2 are Chloe or Phoebe. Willow is silly and Daisy - although pretty - is everywhere right now.

I'd probably go for Phoebe - but only because, as a teacher, I've never met a Phoebe I didn't really like. Every single Phoebe I've taught has been delightful. The same goes for Harriet. Always lovely girls.

littlejohnnydory Sat 05-Jul-14 21:55:27

Phoebe or Willow. Chloe and Daisy are both too common - I've also been unfairly influenced against the name Chloe by a vile Chloe at school. having said that my good friend has a lovely little girl called Chloe.

Rtfairy Sat 05-Jul-14 22:17:55

Daisy or Willow.

BlueStarsAtNight Sat 05-Jul-14 22:23:19

I like Phoebe best with Noah. Chloe is nice but has a very similar long ooo sound as Noah, which puts me off the combination. Daisy is v popular as others have said, I like it though. Not keen on Willow at all.

justhayley Sat 05-Jul-14 23:44:49

Thanks everyone.

Had no idea Chloe was popular. I knew quite a few when I was growing up in the early 80s but didn't realise it was still going strong. Has it come back round recently? The Oooo thing with Noah and Chloe puts me off as well Blue.

Phoebe has been a front runner from day 1, although not sure if I'm slightly going off it lately. Although the meaning is special to me. It means bright and shinning. This pregnancy started off as twins and at my 1st scan I was told one sac was bright and shinning and the other dull and it wasn't clear if it would develop - we lost twin B at 10 weeks. Not sure if it's simply the meaning that's keeping me coming back to it or I am still in love with the name.

LynetteScavo Sat 05-Jul-14 23:48:24

Phoebe is definitely the best name in your list (wish I had named DD Phoebe, but DH wouldn't let me). Chloe would be the name I would avoid.

Willow and Daisy are both lovely if they suit the person.

chlo13 Wed 17-Jun-15 20:08:01

My name is Chloe, and I love it! I have umlauts over my e, which I think is a nice unique addition to the name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now