Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks left and really struggling to find a name??

(13 Posts)
Princessavarose Sun 30-Mar-14 19:57:43

10 weeks left and still no closer to a girls or a boys name! I like unusual or old fashioned names but not too ridiculous for a boy! My fave for a boy is Jax and sonnie and for a girl blossom, poppy, and Elsie beau but my oh doesn't like any of these so were not getting any closer! Suggestions needed please??

RalphRecklessCardew Sun 30-Mar-14 20:02:08

Solomon nn Sol? Saul? Jackson nn Jax? Harrison? Jefferson?

bakingtins Sun 30-Mar-14 20:03:51

Have you tried each coming up with a long-list, say 10 names for each gender, and seeing if there is any crossover or taking it in turns to delete one off the other person's list until you have maybe 6 names for each gender?
Of the names you listed I'd only consider Elsie, so I don't think our tastes coincide.
What has your OH come up with? Or is he one of these annoying men that just vetoes every suggestion without making any of his own?

hunreeeal Sun 30-Mar-14 20:17:17

Jacob (Jake)
Ethan
Harrison
Victor

Ruby
Maisie
Olivia
Lucy

Artandco Sun 30-Mar-14 20:26:55

Jensen
Dillon

Violet
Arabella

What names has your partner suggested? I also think pick 10 each for each gender then compare and see if you can find similar

Ie
You - poppy
Him - Helena

Together - Lena / Nellie/ penny/ Penelope/ polly/ elena/ Alina/ Lilly

Princessavarose Sun 30-Mar-14 20:38:58

He just vetoes everything with no serious suggestions! I'm on here every day practically trying to find 'the one' for our baby but nothing is really grabbing me other than the names I have already said which the oh has vetoe'd! I no we still have plenty of time but really want to get a name sorted sooner rather than later! Sorry I'm not keen on any suggested so far but please keep them coming.

MrsRuffdiamond Sun 30-Mar-14 20:44:14

Amos
Sid(ney)
Lenny
Stan(ley)
Silas
Rollo
Sholto

There's another one beginning with 'S' that I thought the other day was a great name, and it's really bugging me that I can't remember it! Will post later, if I do (or maybe you don't want me to grin)

Can't think of any girls' names! blush

MrsRuffdiamond Sun 30-Mar-14 20:46:21

Oh, except Mabel - that's always been my 'if I'd had a girl' name!

Princessavarose Sun 30-Mar-14 20:49:05

I do like Mabel that is one going on my list thank u I'm finding boys names harder than girls so we"ll probably end up having a boy :-)

alita7 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:57:02

My DP is like that he just says no to all except a few. And doesn't offer ideas except silly ones.

Jerry, Dawson, Eliot or max?

Polly, eloise, bonnie, fleur or daisy?

Sharaluck Sun 30-Mar-14 21:25:09

I think you need to sit down with your dh and tell him he has to do his own thinking/research and come up with a short list.

It is unfair for him to veto your suggestions and then not offer any of his own!

He needs to be constructive. You both need to make a short list and then see if there is any you both like or could compromise on. If not at least you would get some understanding of what his tastes are and then you could do some more research yourself.

Writerwannabe83 Sun 30-Mar-14 21:40:55

I sympathise!! Me and DH found out we were having a boy at 16 weeks gestation and I spent loads of time trying to come up with the perfect name. Everything I suggested my DH said no but wouldn't offer any names himself - well he did but they were stupid ones and he thought he was being funny. At about 35 weeks gestation I told him that he needed to take it seriously and if he had nothing to offer then I'd name the baby!

He came home a week later, made one single suggestion and funnily enough that's actually the name we went with grin

Baby is called Arron smile

Princessavarose Tue 01-Apr-14 10:56:13

He has mentioned odd ones which I don't like and then he starts on the silly ones! We've both agreed that if none of us think of anymore that we'll pick one of the names I've come up with which I'm more than happy with :-)! Still open to suggestions though please cos there still maybe a name out there that we both love and not thought of yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now