Talk

Advanced search

Opinions Please on Girls Shortlist

(12 Posts)
UnderTheDeepBlueSea Sun 30-Mar-14 03:05:32

Hello, I'm pregnant with a DD2 who is due May, our surname begins with 'L' and ends with 'ee' We like unique names but no out their. DD1 is Macy. Middle names are probably going to be Lilian (my nana's name which is spelt like that) and Margaret

Becca- love this, this but really dislike Rebecca and this is my step-cousins nm. Would that be ok?
Piper- My favourite, I'm not to worried about the Billie Piper connection
Indiana- my DH favourite and I've loved this name for years
Alana- I really like this but it seems to be getting popular.

Front runners are Indiana and Piper. Thanks!

Chloerose75 Sun 30-Mar-14 03:11:12

I don't like becca. People will assume she is Rebecca, which I do like but if you don't fair enough.

I like piper because of orange is the new black! I think that would be more peoples thought than Billie piper so maybe check out this show if you haven't seen it

Indiana I know a baby called this and actually quite like it though I wasn't sure at first. I like India too.

Alana I don't think its popular at all, wouldn't worry about that. It is more classic than your others. Very pretty, probably the one I would pick.

nooka Sun 30-Mar-14 04:09:25

I like Alanna Lilian Margaret

To me Indiana is a boys name because of Indiana Jones. I'd be really surprised to meet a female Indiana.
I don't think that Becca works as a name in it's own right
Piper just isn't my personal taste

Oh, and I'd pleased to see that you are spelling Lilian right smile

UnderTheDeepBlueSea Sun 30-Mar-14 04:20:31

Thank you for your opinions. Becca is defiantly off the list. I still like the others equally but probably leaning towards Piper or Indiana.

Nooka, I know a teenage girl called Indiana but yes it's probably always going to make people think of a boy but that doesn't bother me or Dh to much. My nana always made sure Lilian was spelt with one 'l' and god forbid if they spelt it with two!

nooka Sun 30-Mar-14 04:34:40

I have a Lilian with one 'l' in the middle (called after her great-grandmother) and she gets very annoyed to get certificates for 'Lillian' and even more so when she gets 'Lilly'. The latter does seem very odd to me, as the flower does not have an extra l! We'd no idea it might be an issue when we named her.

Blueberrybaby Sun 30-Mar-14 05:27:20

I don't like Becca or Rebecca for that matter. Becca is too nicknamey for me.
Piper is. Rey pretty and I like Indiana, although I prefer India.
Alana is nice but the spelling to me feels too simple. I prefer Alanna or Alannah. - they have more weight to me.

Jellymum1 Sun 30-Mar-14 05:43:35

piper is pretty and I have a phoebe and a friend has a paige so between us we would have the charmed sisters smile

BlueStarsAtNight Sun 30-Mar-14 09:13:15

I think I like Piper best. Indiana is ok though would make me think boy too, and Alana is quite nice but doesn't have the spark of the other two in my opinion.

Piper Lilian Margaret is nice!

hunreeeal Sun 30-Mar-14 18:50:21

Alana, definitely. It's pretty, and fairly unusual.

Piper = man in kilt on top of hill, not feminine
Indiana = Jones, again a manly sort of name
Becca = OK as nickname for Rebecca, but don't like it on its own

MadameJosephine Sun 30-Mar-14 18:55:54

I like Alana too. Piper is ok but personally I prefer Pippa, it sounds more feminine

SqutterNutBaush Sun 30-Mar-14 19:04:44

Becca and Alanna are my favourites.

Not keen on Piper and prefer India to Indiana.

PrincessOfChina Sun 30-Mar-14 19:11:13

I like your taste in names, although I'm not all that keen on Becca.

DH refused Indiana when I suggested it - the Jones connotation.

I think in order of preference I'd go Piper, Indiana, Alana then Becca.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now