Talk

Advanced search

Brother for Eloise

(17 Posts)
Namefornames Sat 29-Mar-14 20:48:42

Middle names will be Charles John. Our surname is two syllables. Which do people prefer of the following? DH and I disagree!

Hugo Charles John
Hugh Charles John
Theodore Charles John
Frederick Charles John

Bluestocking Sat 29-Mar-14 20:53:23

I am not keen on Hugh Charles John, only because three monosyllables don't sound great together. I like all the other three!

Surf25 Sat 29-Mar-14 20:54:46

Personally, in order of preference I would say
Theodore
Hugo
Frederick nn Freddie
Hugh
Like the mn too..

Are you open to other suggestions? If so...

Hector
Magnus
Sebastian
Barnabas

chattychattyboomba Sat 29-Mar-14 20:55:22

Theodore smile

Namefornames Sat 29-Mar-14 21:27:03

Blue I agree!

My favourite is Theodore (and any of the nicknames-Theo, Ted...) and DH's is Hugo. This is after I have talked him down from Edgar. Which, to be fair, I think is a cool name, but I just can't imagine a baby Edgar.

I like Sebastian from your suggestions Surf but DH has vetoed it.

Namefornames Sat 29-Mar-14 21:28:28

I just think Eloise and Theodore sound lovely together, though I realise they will grow up to live separate lives!

scarletforya Sat 29-Mar-14 21:33:24

Definitely Theodore.

Bluestocking Sat 29-Mar-14 21:39:04

Edgar is lovely too - and he could be Ed or Ted or Teddy while he's a baby. I think I'm with you on Theodore though - it's a lovely name and the only Theo I know is a darling boy, so I'm biased!

Namefornames Sat 29-Mar-14 22:02:37

DH likes Ted as a nickname for Edgar but not for Theodore! Argh.

He is surprised that there is love for Theodore on here grin

spleenyone Sat 29-Mar-14 22:21:24

Abelard

Namefornames Sat 29-Mar-14 22:37:23

Hm...sort of like having Romeo and Juliet as brother and sister spleen grin

DebbieOfMaddox Sat 29-Mar-14 22:47:10

My first thought on reading your thread title but before opening the thread was Hugo... but I do have a long-standing love for the name Theodore as well.

I'm less keen on Ted as a nn for Theodore, though, because it conjures up "Ted (Theodore) Logan and Bill S. Preston, Esquire" from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure for me whereas Ted as a nn for other names, or other nn as short forms of Theodore, don't.

Mintyy Sat 29-Mar-14 22:51:37

Maurice

shoobidoo Sun 30-Mar-14 08:07:15

Theodore Charles is lovely or how about
Quentin Charles
Dominic Charles
Reuben Charles

Namefornames Sun 30-Mar-14 09:59:26

Interesting that everyone agrees Theodore and Hugo are the top two!

CheesyBadger Sun 30-Mar-14 10:10:20

Theodore

How about Toby?

Namefornames Sun 30-Mar-14 10:43:14

Toby's another one I like but DH has vetoed. He is extremely fussy. The only names he has approved are Henry, Edgar and Hugo. We actually both like Henry but know so many little Henries and we'd rather go with something still traditional but not quite as popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now