Talk

Advanced search

Can I vent?!

(9 Posts)
JenJoWilson Fri 28-Mar-14 09:25:35

My baby boy was born on Monday and we have yet to decide on a name. I cannot express at how overly annoyed and fed up I am of all and sundry suggesting names to me ALL the sodding time (even after saying a couple of times now that I am getting fed up of it to family members and he will have one when we find one that suits us both, not one which suits partner's dad, my mum etc etc). Would it be unreasonable of me to want to poke any future name suggester in the same eye twice? Why do people not listen/take the hint?!!

soontobeslendergirl Fri 28-Mar-14 10:18:50

Just tell them you are completely settled on Adolph.

JanePurdy Fri 28-Mar-14 10:21:16

I knew a boy called Adolf, Dolfin for a nickname. Cute. Adolf a bit dodgy though especially as he has German parents hmm

phoolani Fri 28-Mar-14 10:21:31

Poking eyes seems a bit extreme. Try sticking your fingers in your ears and singing loudly.

bouquetofpencils Fri 28-Mar-14 15:56:14

They are just excited. Name guessing is a lot fun for other people. They probably know you are narked but just can't help themselves. Babies send people a bit barmy.

BetterWithCheese Fri 28-Mar-14 16:00:40

Aww, congratulations!!! Have you considered Joshua, Lucas or Nathan. I vote for Nathan grin

BetterWithCheese Fri 28-Mar-14 16:01:43

You can now vent your frustrations at me.

AdoraBell Fri 28-Mar-14 16:03:16

No, not Adolphshock

Tell them you have registered him as Atilla Gollum Pinochet.

JenJoWilson Sat 29-Mar-14 08:30:14

Adolf it is! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now