Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly panicking!

(4 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Wed 26-Mar-14 18:36:47

We've had our dd2's first name fixed for a good 2 months now and sorted a middle name recently. We love both so why is it that I've suddenly become really worried that this name for our daughter is FOR LIFE! She'll be here in 2-3 weeks. What if it isn't actually the one?! Ahh! How can names be so stressful!

rachyconks Wed 26-Mar-14 18:41:05

I had my selection narrowed to two when DD was born. I just ended up picking one as I couldn't decide. Babies grow into their names - I don't think any child "looks" like a name. A few times when she was younger I looked at her and thought about what she would be like if I had have used the other name, but now she couldn't be anything else than what we picked!!

Don't panic - it will be fine!

bouquetofpencils Wed 26-Mar-14 19:30:13

Somebody picked your name. And you survived.

But I understand the panic, I felt it too.

SimplySara Fri 28-Mar-14 10:49:51

Dont stress yourself out about it. I have rarely heard of big regrets when it comes to naming a child. In a coiple of months, that child and name combo will be so entwined that it would be impossible to think of them as anything else! Naming a child should be exciting not stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now