Talk

Advanced search

Boys names in top 20 name charts

(6 Posts)
moomin35 Wed 26-Mar-14 10:33:10

Which ones do you think will fall out of the chart/popularity and which ones do you think may enter?

SS3J Wed 26-Mar-14 11:22:57

Jacob, Alfie, Riley, Ethan, Noah, Oscar will fall out of the top 20 (not necessarily very soon though) as they are a bit trendy at the moment. The real solid classics like William, Thomas etc are here to stay. Not sure what the risers are likely to be but maybe the surname names like Mason, Logan, Harrison. Finlay/ley too I should think.

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 26-Mar-14 15:35:34

I know Harris has lept up from near 50 to top 20 in two years (would habhave been DDs name if a DS!)

Mireio Wed 26-Mar-14 15:41:36

I think Tyler might enter the top 20 (it rose 10 places in the charts last year) and is currently #21. Henry, Archie, Lucas, Logan, Isaac and Mason are all increasing in popularity as well. I think Ethan, Daniel and Oscar could fall out of the top 20 soon, but probably won't this year.

KiwiBanana Thu 27-Mar-14 11:56:34

Frederick/Freddy seems to be really popular these days, I think that May get close to top 20

shoobidoo Thu 27-Mar-14 12:01:38

Agree that any 'overused' names e.g. Alfie and Oscar will probably fall out of favour soon.

What will rise in popularity, who knows? It's worth looking at which names have entered the top 100 and are rising. These may become super fashionable and enter the top 20.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now