Talk

Advanced search

Annie..

(7 Posts)
lulublue32 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:47:27

We are currently thinking of Annie for expected DD. Is Annie ok on its own? Or should we go for Anya/Annabelle nn Annie?
Also mn suggestions welcome. We're thinking;
Annie Olivia
Annie Sophia
Annie Kate
TIA

Biccietin Fri 21-Mar-14 12:04:24

If you really like Annie, you don't have to lengthen it/formalise just to nn it again. Just use it.

Do you like Anna? I think it's prettier and slightly more grown up but you could call her Annie as a baby. Anna makes me think of apple orchards and gingham dresses and rosy cheeks and wholesomeness.

There's probably plenty of middle names to go with Annie but it depends on surname really. How many syllables?

wigglesrock Fri 21-Mar-14 12:57:08

I think you can use Annie on its own - I have an Anna & she occasionally gets Annie. I know a few Annabels - they either get Anna or Belle.

I have 2 other daughters & their names are names you've suggested for middle names smile , so you have lovely taste wink

HopelessDei Fri 21-Mar-14 15:21:57

I know a 2.5 yr old Annie - she's gorgeous!

HopelessDei Fri 21-Mar-14 15:22:41

Oh, and it's just Annie. No need for anything else. It's lovely.

CountingStars Fri 21-Mar-14 16:29:29

Love Annie. I think it can also work as a nn for Hannah too.

bouquetofpencils Fri 21-Mar-14 16:34:56

We wanted Annie, it was our number one name. A friend unwittingly nabbed it first. It is lovely on its own but I think I might have been tempted by a variant, maybe Annalise.

All those middle names work very well, my taste would be Annie Kate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now