Talk

Advanced search

still struggling....

(12 Posts)
MrsRV Thu 20-Mar-14 12:03:39

...to love a name for DD2 due in 7 weeks. DD1 is Ella Rose...

Amy, Alice, Ariane, Aria, Amelia, Amelie, May, Mia, Poppy, Holly, Ruby, Brooke, Connie, Pheobe.

What do u think? surname ends "...sie".

minipie Thu 20-Mar-14 12:54:27

If your surname ends "sie" then I'd avoid first names ending in an -ie sound which rules out Amy, Poppy, Holly, Ruby, Connie and Phoebe.

Ella and Brooke seem to go well together as do Ella and May and Ella and Mia (tho those two maybe a bit similar).

Ariane/Aria/Amelia seem like a different sort of name from Ella, to me at least.

Maya is another option you might like?

noodlebum Thu 20-Mar-14 14:19:26

My favourites are Alice & Brooke

SimplySara Thu 20-Mar-14 15:15:42

Brooke.

I also like May but feel it is way overused for a middle name but as a first name has a very nice simplicity to it.

Mireio Thu 20-Mar-14 16:07:07

Alice goes well with Ella, I think. I also like Ariane and Connie (but I prefer it as a nn for Constance).

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 20-Mar-14 16:11:14

Alice

minipie Thu 20-Mar-14 16:40:18

For some reason I missed Alice! Agree it goes well and is a nice name.

It's quite similar to Ella sound-wise though. "Ella and Alice" is a bit of a tongue twister.

Tea1Sugar Thu 20-Mar-14 20:34:00

Ruby! I'm now an advocate as that's going to be dd2's middle name :-) But also love Alice. I agree with previous poster about avoiding an "ie" name with your surname.

Bowlersarm Thu 20-Mar-14 20:35:47

Poppy or Connie or Amelia

sunnyfriday Thu 20-Mar-14 21:16:43

Brooke. i also like alice but ella & alice sound too alike iyswim.

Allalonenow Thu 20-Mar-14 21:34:28

The names I like from your list are Alice Ruby Phoebe and Constance (nn Connie).

I don't like Brooke as it reminds me of Brooke Bonds tea, and think it is a bit dated.

I would't use Holly for a child born in Spring/Summer, though it might be sweet for a Christmas baby.

If your baby is born in May, then that would be a pretty middle name.

Mia will be very popular because of the recent almost royal baby name.

I don't think Ella and Alice sound too alike, and how often are they going to be introduced as a pair? Only for a few years in childhood.

grizzabellia Fri 21-Mar-14 07:21:04

If you go for Phoebe make sure you spell it correctly!

I like Connie, Alice and Phoebe best, but agree Alice sounds too much like Ella.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now