Talk

Advanced search

Sister for Cameron

(21 Posts)
bonbonpixie Thu 13-Mar-14 22:42:05

DD1 is called Cameron. We love her name, and she suits it completely but are absolutely stuck for names that compliment it. We don't know the gender yet, but have pretty much decided on Hunter if DC2 turns out to be a boy.
We quite like Saffron if we have a girl. But I'm not 100%. I do like the way Cameron and Saffron sound together. So please suggestions welcome!!!

Also before someone starts on the whole Cameron girl/Americana thing. I'd just like to point out that we named our daughter in part for my great grandmother. So in Scotland- where we are- these sort of names for girls are nothing new smile

whitepuddingsupper Thu 13-Mar-14 23:20:23

Cameron and Lily
Cameron and Sophie
Cameron and Evie

For some reason it sounds good with a 2 syllable name to me.

pancakesfortea Thu 13-Mar-14 23:23:19

The only Cameron I know is a boy (or rather a 40 year old man). He has a twin sister called Shona which I think ha lovely.

TerraNotSoFirma Thu 13-Mar-14 23:31:34

My DD is Cameron also :-) great name!(we are also in Scotland and our cammy was named after a lady aged 106)
Our second was a boy, but before we knew the sex, girls names we liked were Meredith, Jessica, Casey and nina.

MrsBungle Thu 13-Mar-14 23:32:59

My Cameron is a boy and his sister is called orla.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 14-Mar-14 00:49:02

Lois
Lori
Tara

alita7 Fri 14-Mar-14 08:21:16

Kaiya?

ChippyMinton Fri 14-Mar-14 08:24:38

I'd go for another unisex name, just to confuse folk grin

Robin
Sydney
Sasha

BlueChampagne Fri 14-Mar-14 14:41:06

Morven

Second Meredith

chattychattyboomba Fri 14-Mar-14 14:45:32

Cameron and Samantha?
Cameron and...Eliot? (Yes boys name but I think it sounds quite pretty too!)

SweetPeaPods Fri 14-Mar-14 14:52:11

Isla
Erica
Brogan

AlternativeMoniker53 Fri 14-Mar-14 14:54:51

I know a Cameron whose sister is called Georgia, seems to go fairly well?

bouquetofpencils Fri 14-Mar-14 18:03:55

Robyn as suggested up thread but spelt feminine ( I think, I know a little girl called Robyn).

Cameron and Robyn.

Seminyak Fri 14-Mar-14 21:40:48

Love Cameron and Eliot!!

Alisvolatpropiis Fri 14-Mar-14 21:55:33

Blake.

Calling another daughter a very feminine name would be weird.

Glasshammer Fri 14-Mar-14 23:10:34

Morgan and Cameron

bonbonpixie Sat 15-Mar-14 10:02:06

Thank you everyone. Lots of good choices!
Would love to call future DC Sidney but it's been vetoed DH. Totally agree that a very feminine name next to Cameron would sound odd. Elliot is great name too, but not sure about the inevitable shortening to Ellie/Elle as there are loads of those names round here.
Blake is great too, but we have a short one syllable surname, so first name need to be a little longer for balance.

Anjou Sat 15-Mar-14 12:38:21

Cameron for a girl is lovely. smile

This will be a bit of a mixed bag, as I'm trying to think if names that I associate with being strong sounding as opposed to overly feminine. How about:
Blair
Blythe
Etain
Inez
Juno
Kit
Nico
Quinn
Seren
Severine
Wren

chattychattyboomba Sat 15-Mar-14 16:20:38

Yay! Glad you like Elliot. People will call her whatever you tell them her name is. Our Ariana we call Ari but when we sent her to nursery we told them her name was Ariana- now everyone uses her full name! Even the little toddlers lol! We don't mind either way but it's nice to make use of her full name iyswim. Oh what about Lottie as a NN?
Cameron and Elliot (Cam & Lot..Camelot lol!) hmmmm

guineapig2014 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:29:34

Cameron and Layla?
Cameron and Eliza?
Love Cameron and Inez

Seminyak Sat 15-Mar-14 21:39:47

Ryan???? I'm watching Gravity at the moment - love Ryan for a girl!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now