Talk

Advanced search

Zachary and Emily/Hannah

(11 Posts)
ZylaB Wed 12-Mar-14 17:03:45

Hi,

We're planning on starting a family really soon and have already been discussing names, we love Zachary for a boy and also Emily for a girl. My concerns are that I know Emily is popular but it's a family name - my DH's gran. I also really like Hannah but our surname starts with a B so was a bit concerned if Hannah was her first name... HB pencil?!

Basically I'm after opinions and/or alternatives, I don't want anything weird, but am slightly concerned about being one amongst many.

Thanks

boobyooby Wed 12-Mar-14 17:10:33

I'm rather biased as our eldest DD is Hannah. Weirdly it was a popular name when she was born but no one else in her year at primary or at secondary school have it. The years above and below have several, think I was lucky :D
She was a Rebecca (as was the eldest DS if he'd been born a girl 2 years before her) but as soon as I saw her face, she just didn't look like a Rebecca. Made the midwives give me 20 minutes before they wrote Baby Boobyooby on her tag. Good luck x

whitepuddingsupper Wed 12-Mar-14 17:11:15

I like Hannah, the HB thing is really not an issue. I would prefer it to Emily which is very popular just now just for the fact there will probably be 4 Emilys in every class at school.

ZylaB Wed 12-Mar-14 17:30:51

That's what worries me about Emily, we could go Millie instead I suppose? I think I am erring towards Hannah, but am still a bit concerned about the pencil thing, maybe that's just me lol

andadietcoke Wed 12-Mar-14 17:38:08

I'm a Hannah, with a surname beginning with B, and it has never occurred to me!

I like my name. It's palindromic which I never ever tire from hearing about.

FrankUnderwood Wed 12-Mar-14 17:53:17

Ooh , 3 good options.

If you might follow a DS with a DD, or DD with DS, Zachary and Emily are a bit rhyming. Hannah and Zachary work better together.

alita7 Wed 12-Mar-14 18:18:29

Emily is nice. I don't think 'hb' is a problem most initial combos make some acronym as long as it's not bj don't worry!

starlight36 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:00:44

Our DD is a Hannah B! We did consider whether or not the initials would be a problem but to date no one has commented on it.

NadiaWadia Thu 13-Mar-14 03:14:41

Don't think the HB thing would occur to most people, and even if it did I wouldn't see it as a problem, it is nothing negative or silly.

ZylaB Thu 13-Mar-14 09:58:26

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm really coming round to the idea of Hannah Emily B smile though reading posts on here has thrown up a few other possibilities!

Definitely feeling happier to have firmer ideas, though we have agreed we'll have a short list just in case baby doesn't seem to suit the names we've chosen.

Thanks again so much for the feedback!

canweseethebunnies Thu 13-Mar-14 11:43:33

My name is Hannah and my brother is Zachary. Sounds great to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now