Talk

Advanced search

going round & round in circles...

(19 Posts)
MrsRV Tue 11-Mar-14 16:51:17

just can't seem to find a name for DD2 & it's driving me nuts. Was really easy with DD1 - she's Ella Rose.

sooo... cast your votes on these please:- (please bear in mind we really are not bothered about popularity!)

Ariane Isobel
Aria May
Poppy May
Amelia
Amelie
Holly May
Scarlett
Mia
Amy
Ruby May
Alice

Bowlersarm Tue 11-Mar-14 16:52:20

Poppy or Amelia.

Martorana Tue 11-Mar-14 16:53:32

Alice. All the others sound babyish to me.

Bowlersarm Tue 11-Mar-14 16:57:28

How strange, Martorana.

Martorana Tue 11-Mar-14 16:58:36

What's strange?

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 11-Mar-14 17:01:14

I'm not personally keen on anything with May (assuming that you mean you would use both names together since you didn't list middle names for any of the others).

Out of the others, Alice is my favourite. I like Amy but I think Amy and Ella somehow seems a bit similar.

littlebluedog12 Tue 11-Mar-14 17:02:20

From your list I like Alice, but when you say them together it's maybe a bit too similar to Ella? So my vote would be Scarlett, lovely name!

Bowlersarm Tue 11-Mar-14 17:06:24

Martorana - that you find them all babyish. Most of them are names that have been around for generations. Possibly with the exception of Poppy, not sure where there are older than about aged 25 Poppy's around.

Martorana Tue 11-Mar-14 17:09:12

Just because they've been around for ages doesn't mean I can't find them babyish! I don't care for cutesy girly girl names because I think they are infantilising. And I think Alice is the only name on the list that doesn't fit that category.

nevergoogle Tue 11-Mar-14 17:11:29

martorana has a point.

i like amy or alice.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 11-Mar-14 17:12:33

I agree I can't stand cutsie names Alice is lovely .

commsgirl Tue 11-Mar-14 17:35:21

Alice, Aria or Holly smile

Bowlersarm Tue 11-Mar-14 17:41:13

Hmmm. Amelia Earhart and Amy Winehouse don't strike me as cutsie or babyish. Possibly I'll give you Scarlett Ohara.

OP - puppyfat doesn't like any name ending in y or ie, not just the ones on your list.

I personally think Alice is a boring name. Quite drab.

Amelia is very pretty, with options to shorten if you wish to but is lovely as a stand alone name.

It may sound too similar to Ella though. Poppy is equally lovely.

nevergoogle Tue 11-Mar-14 17:54:00

i would actively avoid girls names ending in ie y too. i just don't like them.

but i would say that given your list, you would probably not like my childrens names at all.

i've learnt not to ask advice on names from people who's children's names i don't like.

there is no one size fits all with names. go with what you like.

Bowlersarm Tue 11-Mar-14 18:13:10

Quite agree google. I think people are crazy asking MN for opinions.

Having said that, I'm often on 'baby names' but if I don't like the names someone is listing, then I just don't criticise at all, because clearly our tastes are entirely different and I don't think I would be of any help to them.

Although sometimes I can see there is a pattern, so can suggest alternative names even though i personally don't like them.

alita7 Tue 11-Mar-14 18:15:57

I like Alice and amelie smile

Slebmum Tue 11-Mar-14 18:25:29

I have an Alice May, May is her middle name it's not Alice-May.

surroundedbyblondes Tue 11-Mar-14 18:35:26

I think Ella and Mia go beautifully together grin

MrsRV Tue 11-Mar-14 20:54:16

Lots of votes for Alice! Hubby just keeps singing "who the is Alice" and thinks this will stick with her. I have tried to point out that he is clearly a CHAV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now