Arthur
Jacob
Max

Matilda
Willow
Ava
Isobel
Edie

Any other suggestions/opinions on names? Thanks!

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 12:56:34

Also really love Grace but think this is too similar sounding to Daisy. What do you think?

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 12:58:38

Also really love Grace but think this is too similar sounding to Daisy. What do you think?

pommedeterre Mon 10-Mar-14 13:17:09

I would discount Willow as two plant names is a bit twee for me.

I think Grace would be my fav for a girl. Probably Lucas for a boy. What about Josh for a boy?

Congrats!

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 13:24:15

Thanks! I do love Grace but don't you think it has a similar sound to Daisy? Especially since there is going to be 11 months between them! Love Willow but you may be right re 2 flower/plant names, may consider Willow as a middle name.

alita7 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:36:55

Like Luke, max and Jacob
And all your girls names are good but willow might be too much in terms of flowers and trees.

Grace is quite a versatile middle name so if you think it's too close (I don't) thenmaybe ava grace or isobel grace could work.

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 14:50:30

Luke is our favourite for a boy. For a girl am thinking Ava Isobel, Isobel Grace, Matilda Willow, Edie Grace or Grace Willow.

alita7 Mon 10-Mar-14 14:52:29

All good except grace willow doesn't really roll of the tongue

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 14:55:33

Yeah maybe needs an extra syllable, Grace Alexandra maybe.

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 14:56:17

Ohh like Alexander for a boy too

alita7 Mon 10-Mar-14 15:10:50

I'm called alexandra and I hated it growing up. I love Alex (for me) though and always have. I now appreciate alexandra as a strong name that suits job applications etc but I guess as a middle name It's irrelevant :p you'd be surprised how many (English just as much as foreign) people call me Alexander by accident even though I thought it was fairly well known thst alexandra is the girl version. I even had a prescription for the pill and my mmc scan with Alexander on... things you need to be female for x)

I really like Alexander for a boy though.

Rtfairy Mon 10-Mar-14 15:24:03

I actually love Alexandra, think it's going on the list, can't believe you get called Alexander though. Although my friend Danielle has had that with Daniel before! It feels good to have a few ideas for names now. Was only here a few months ago trying to decide on a name for my daughter, didn't expect to be back when my daughter was only 4 months old. The contraceptive pill clearly doesn't work for me in the months after giving birth and in future I will remember this!

alita7 Mon 10-Mar-14 16:37:07

It baffles me as I'm quite girly looking so it's definitely not a mistake, I am only short, have really long hair, wear more make up than I should and often wear dresses and skirts.

I think it's a bit ignorant really as it's a relatively common name so they must know, it's not just said wrong, I often see it written wrong...

I hope you don't get that problem if you have an alexandra smile

I think I'll have a coil without hormones after this buba.

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 10-Mar-14 16:48:54

Matilda and Lucas

everlong Mon 10-Mar-14 17:37:27

Willow and Arthur.

Henry
William
James
Rupert
Benedict

Harriet
Madeleine
Isabella
Annabel
Lucy
Anna

Daisy and Luke = lovely

Daisy and Edie v sweet too. Love Isobel as well.

natandmat Mon 10-Mar-14 19:59:28

Arthur, Matilda and Edie definitely! Although I am slightly biased....

looki Mon 10-Mar-14 20:57:22

I think Matilda is the nicest.

DitsyDonkey Mon 10-Mar-14 21:16:13

Arthur, Matilda and Willa are all lovely....Willa is a nice variant of Willow?!

Willa
Polly
Bee
Jemima
Florence
Elsie
Penelope
Hattie

George
Henry
Rufus
Rafferty
Rupert
Ezra
Archer
Arlo

Glasshammer Mon 10-Mar-14 21:46:23

Daisy and Lottie

Daisy and max

Rtfairy Tue 11-Mar-14 14:34:05

Thanks for comments and suggestions. Thinking either Luke or Lucas if a boy, and Ava or Isobel for a girl smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now