Talk

Advanced search

Alexander/Alexandra

(6 Posts)
SolveAProblemLikeMaria Sat 08-Mar-14 14:25:00

Hi all

Expecting my first, a son due date April 19th. Problem is my favourite names since I was in my teens are Alexander and Alexandra! I would love a couple more kids, so not sure whether I want to save Alex in case I have a little girl, or go for it with my first little prince! Torn here any input would be really appreciated

tammytoby Sat 08-Mar-14 14:35:48

Lovely for both, although fairly common. I know several female and male Alexes.

MamaPain Sat 08-Mar-14 14:57:59

It's nice for both.

I'd use it while you have the opportunity, without being too negative, you don't know whether you will get to have a girl or even more DC. Use it while you can.

If you did have a girl next you could always use it as a middle name or a variation like Alexa or even Sasha.

squoosh Sat 08-Mar-14 15:39:17

Depends if you favour one of the names over the other. If you really want a son called Alexander well then I'd think up another girls name to use in case you have a daughter.

CountessOfRule Sat 08-Mar-14 15:41:05

I didn't use a similar name for DS2 for similar reasons... and have since had DS3 grin

Use it now if you like it. I prefer Alexander to Alexandra anyway, although I can't put my finger on why.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 08-Mar-14 15:43:08

I really like alexa for a girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now