Talk

Advanced search

Aargh last minute name panic!

(9 Posts)
katienameless Sun 02-Mar-14 22:29:10

Have a last minute name dilemma, and need some advice if anyone can help! DS1 is now 3 and he was named quite easily, a name both myself and DH liked and it really suits him. His name is quite Scottish, and I want the same for our next but have found it so much harder! Myself and DH initials are K, and but our top boy and girl names both start with a C. It suddenly hit me that this would mean DS1 name is the only one not starting with a hard "k" sound. Both names go well with my DS1 name, but I am worried it will seem odd he is the only one whose name doesn't "sound" the same. DH thinks I am worrying about nothing but I'm not so sure! Any mners able to help me out? DC2 is due any day now and we need to make a decision! Thanks!

Theonlyoneiknow Sun 02-Mar-14 22:32:07

Well, totally unintentionally but DP and both DC have names starting with a hard K or C sound. Mine is the only one that doesn't. Am quite glad our names don't all start with the same sound! I loved DCs names too much not to use them, even although they have the same sound.

katienameless Sun 02-Mar-14 22:55:30

Thanks for the reply, I love the girls name we have chosen - Catriona, the boy I could be flexible on but it is one of the few myself and DH agree on! I keep fixating on Christmas Cards coming in to K, K, S and C. Maybe baby will just pop out and the name will just hit us, but I am not really convinced! I like to be organised! smile

Cuxibamba Sun 02-Mar-14 22:56:37

I don't think so- my family have names beginning with a J apart from myself, but I never noticed it tbh.

Cuxibamba Sun 02-Mar-14 23:11:13

Catriona is a beautiful name btw.

Innogen Sun 02-Mar-14 23:16:04

It is fine, unless your surname is Kardashian.

katienameless Sun 02-Mar-14 23:58:27

Thanks all. Def not Kardashian so is provably just last minute wobbles! Lol.

katienameless Mon 03-Mar-14 00:00:09

Thanks all, name is def not Kardashian so we are probably ok! Lol. Probably just last minute wobbles. smile

aufaniae Mon 03-Mar-14 00:07:49

I think it'll be nicer for the DCs to have their own initial. No problems with the same initial on post, for example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now