Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a William and a George?

(14 Posts)
williwonti Wed 26-Feb-14 20:23:20

Sorry...I know I have posted another thread about this but just wanted to know - if you have a William and a George, have you had anyone comment on the fact they are the two future heir names?

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 26-Feb-14 20:25:45

Yes! Not me, but a colleague. His kids are primary school age, but apparently there's been a few comments. The kids are pretty pissed odd, the parents slightly.

NessieMcFessie Wed 26-Feb-14 20:50:56

I have a friend who has both......and a Harry! She gets comments....mostly light-hearted...all of the time.

Mim78 Fri 28-Feb-14 20:14:59

My brother is named William George but he is older than Prince William. :-)

Bowlersarm Fri 28-Feb-14 20:16:37

A few families I know have a William and a George

Chewbecca Fri 28-Feb-14 20:36:15

Yes, I know one.

And I know it has been commented on.... Because I have myself!

Not a problem though IMO, children are 'themselves' much moreso than 'them + sibling'

Bowlersarm Fri 28-Feb-14 20:41:49

It's a non problem. Some people like traditional names. Lots of families have a combination of royal names or some of them:- Charlie, George, James, Elizabeth, Victoria, Alfie, Edward, William, Harry, Louis. They are all very popular baby names.

DailyBread Sat 01-Mar-14 00:28:09

I know two Georges who both have William as their middle name.

I used to know sisters called Diana and Camilla.

squoosh Sat 01-Mar-14 04:12:00

If I met someone who had a William, a Harry and a youngest called George I would think them absolute royal super fans and a bit of a saddo if I'm honest.

littleomar Sat 01-Mar-14 04:27:10

Yes

No. Anyone who knows me knows better. But strangely I haven't had comments from anyone who is aware of my views.

But we did think better of Camilla because of stupid comments and Diana was a non starter.

brokenhearted55a Sun 02-Mar-14 09:28:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToffeeJungle Sun 02-Mar-14 13:52:08

I imagine there are quite a few families with a William and a George - both good old fashioned traditional names.
I don't see it as an issue.

wfrances Sun 02-Mar-14 14:03:45

I have a William, no one has ever commented on his name, but he was named after my dad.

Mim78 Mon 03-Mar-14 13:06:35

My mum was livid when princess Diana "stole" her name btw...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now