Talk

Advanced search

Ethnic names please let me know what you think....

(8 Posts)
Lilimum2be Tue 25-Feb-14 06:55:20

I am half South American and welsh babies daddy is African both of us are British born.....
Omari for a boy
Renai for a girl
Let me know what you think please x

SS3J Tue 25-Feb-14 07:04:06

Yes, I think they are both nice names. Go for it!

Dovahkiin Tue 25-Feb-14 07:07:47

Would you pronounce it Ren-eye? It's quite similar to Renee and I'd imagine it might cause some confusion with spelling/pronunciation. Other than that, both lovely names.

Lilimum2be Tue 25-Feb-14 07:13:52

Thanks. Renai is pronounced re nay and is inspired by my Chilean dad's name Rene, my middle name is reina too so we incorporated them both. I've been told Renai translated is water Lily and as you can see my name is Lili! Thought it was quite good lolgrin Thanks for your messages xxx

EdithWeston Tue 25-Feb-14 07:20:23

"I've been told Renai translated is water lily"

You need to check and double check yourself to see if that's true and if it's a recognised name in that community/ language group.

I can't really comment on them as names, as I'm not familiar with them or the naming traditions associated with the community. But I don't think either would be difficult to live with in UK.

Lilimum2be Tue 25-Feb-14 07:27:36

It was my fiancé that told me and he fully researches everything so I trust him! I've also seen it's translated as love too.

Thanks for your post x

Dovahkiin Tue 25-Feb-14 10:30:11

Professor Wikipedia says Renai means 'romantic love' in Japan

LouliD Tue 25-Feb-14 11:19:01

They're both lovely names, congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now