Talk

Advanced search

Isabella in West of Scotland

(12 Posts)
Winglet Mon 24-Feb-14 19:17:03

This seems to be the name that my DH and both like the most that we can agree on, but all the info seems to be how popular it is.

Last year in Scotland it wasn't even in the top 20, so I'm wondering is it much more popular down south? If there is anyone from Glasgow, or roundabouts could you let me know if you know any. I don't want her to have the same name as 5 girls in her year come high school.

Thanks

AmelieRose Mon 24-Feb-14 19:23:57

Hi Winglet. I'm a teacher in a big secondary school in Glasgow and not a single Isabella!

I do know one charming Isabella who lives in England, but it's not a popular name here... Gorgeous name choice!

Magix Mon 24-Feb-14 19:27:28

I'm in the west of Scotland and I know one who is 9 . Hthsmile

Atavistic Mon 24-Feb-14 19:28:18

I have 4 in primary, 15 miles outside of Glasgow, and there is one Isabella, aged 6, out of all their classes.

florascotia Mon 24-Feb-14 20:30:29

Top ten baby names in Scotland by Council region here:
www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files2/stats/popular-forenames/2013/babiesnames-2013-t3.pdf

Excellent website from Scotland's general Register Office - has top 100 names, and trends etc:
www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/statistics/theme/vital-events/births/popular-names/babies-first-names-2013/detailed-tables.html

DessieLou Mon 24-Feb-14 22:23:21

I'm on the west coast and there is none that i know of round here. Lovely name and i love Bella as a nn.

SimplySara Mon 24-Feb-14 23:01:19

I know if one Isabelle but no Isabella. It is one of my DH favourite names so we are agonising about its popularity too!

We are based in Glasgow

SimplySara Mon 24-Feb-14 23:16:19

Terrible autocorrect on that last post, sorry!

Winglet Tue 25-Feb-14 10:37:39

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info. I'm about 90% set on it now smile

I have been kind of wondering if the reason it isn't popular here is because a lot of people have had a granny or great great Auntie along the lines of Bella or Isa?? Haha.

Magix Tue 25-Feb-14 10:41:45

Winglet I've PMd you smile

squoosh Tue 25-Feb-14 10:47:49

Probably, I think Isobel and its variants are still seen as Granny names of the non chic variety in Scotland. Although Isabella would probably be seen as a bit too 'fancy' for Presbyterian tastes of yore!

Dogonabeanbag Tue 25-Feb-14 10:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now