(22 Posts)
MrsGiraffe12 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:14:16

Boys:
Rio Francis
Lucas George

Girls:
Sophia Lily
Louisa Grace

Have a DS who's name is a (now) commen boys name beginning with A. Not gonna say more incase I have some RL friends on mumsnet and I out myself ;-)

jellybeans Mon 24-Feb-14 19:17:15

Boys:
Rio Francis...not that keen sorry
Lucas George...great name

Girls:
Sophia Lily...love it
Louisa Grace...love it

Luciferbox Mon 24-Feb-14 19:19:07

Love both girl names, Lucas George makes me think of George Lucas. Sorry

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:19:25

Rio is DHs pick. Not too keen on it myself but I don't hate is and as I gave DS his name even though DH didn't love it but didn't hate it, I have to play fair.

I wish he loved Lucas more than Rio. But hey. It may be a girl yet and then the picking becomes harder as I love both names x

TamerB Mon 24-Feb-14 19:21:34

I like the girls, especially Louisa Grace, but not the boys.
George Francis is nice.

StellaLuna82 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:39:12

Lucas is nice but I prefer Luca if you've not already thought about that?

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 24-Feb-14 19:41:42

All great apart from Rio. Which is bloody hideous.

Rosie2011 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:49:46

Agreed. Rio Francis reminds me of that footballer and the other one of George lucas too. Francis, george and Luca (similar are nice) Im struggling with boys names too!

Viviennemary Mon 24-Feb-14 19:54:01

I quite like George for a boy but not Lucas. I like Louisa Grace and think they go well together. Individually I like Sophia and Lily but I don't think they flow together as well.

Biscuitsneeded Mon 24-Feb-14 19:57:27

Lucas always makes me think of mucus (sorry!) And I don't like Rio. Louisa is lovely, and unusual without being silly, too.

Smartiepants79 Mon 24-Feb-14 19:58:22

Rio just makes me think of footballers.
I like both George and Lucas but not sure about them together. Sounds like you are massive Star Wars fans who can't quite bring themselves to call him George Lucas!
Like Sophia more than Louisa.

ShatzePage Mon 24-Feb-14 20:05:04

Rio is horrendous-sorry but you are really lumbering a child with that! I know a child called Lucas George.

I think both girls names are quite nice if a bit common.

I like Lucas. Rio is terrible.

I like Louisa.

vichill Mon 24-Feb-14 22:56:23

Rio would not suit a caucasian child and Lucas George sounds like a homage to star wars

bouncingbelle Mon 24-Feb-14 23:56:21

Louisa grace is just about one of the nicest names I,ve ever heard on here! It goes so well together.

Rio....no
Lucas......mucus sad

Francis George? Frankie for short? I think it's quite cute!

ninjawomble Tue 25-Feb-14 10:44:46

Louisa Grace is absolutely gorgeous. I like Sophia but not with Lily, but nowhere near as nice as Louisa Grace. Sorry not keen on your boys names, but out of all of them what about George Francis ?

noodlebum Tue 25-Feb-14 11:24:59

Don't like Rio, but Lucas and the girls names are nice smile

manicinsomniac Tue 25-Feb-14 15:22:31

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I love Rio - possibly because Rio is one of my favourite cities ever but I also just think it's quirky, cool and original. I've never met one anyway.

Also like Lucas.

I much prefer Sophia to Louisa but think Louisa Grace flows better than Sophia Lily. How about Sophia Grace?

BirthdayMuppet Tue 25-Feb-14 15:43:15

Personal opinion is that Rio is awful, Lucas George will forever be fielding Star Wars questions, and Sophia Lily will likely be one of many. Louisa Grace is by far the nicest of them all, timeless and classy.

HuskyBlueEyes Tue 25-Feb-14 19:22:07

Sophia Lily
&
Lucas George xx

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 03-Mar-14 13:26:40

It's so hard picking a name. DH has now chucked another girls name into the mix Bethany Olivia

Do you think a new baby's name should flow with their siblings name and be of a similar style (ie both traditional) or does it matter if ones traditional and another more alternative? Ahhh I hate this. Makes it harder we won't be finding out babies gender either x

BlackberryandNettle Mon 03-Mar-14 21:52:43

Rio Francis is cool, Lucas George reminds me straight away of George Lucas I'm afraid.

Louisa Grace is very pretty and Louisa not over-popular at the moment. Really love it actually.

Like Sophia although popular. Not very keen on Lily.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now