Talk

Advanced search

Merewyn as a sister for Eloise?

(7 Posts)
Namefornames Sun 23-Feb-14 23:26:46

DH and I both love Merewyn but I'm worried it's a bit too out there. We come from quite traditional families. Is it too random? DH is half Irish and I'm half Welsh so the name fits in that sense but other family names are things like Emma, David, Robert etc. Very 'solid'!

AlpacaYourThings Sun 23-Feb-14 23:27:36

Ooh very unusual. I like it!

iklboo Sun 23-Feb-14 23:29:40

I love the name.

Namefornames Sun 23-Feb-14 23:35:45

Thanks smile

No chance people will look at us askance and ask whether it's a real name? (My fear!)

AlpacaYourThings Sun 23-Feb-14 23:37:28

It looks very welsh to me, so I wouldn't question if it was a real name IYSWIM.

DramaAlpaca Sun 23-Feb-14 23:38:35

It's lovely.

oldbutnotpastit Mon 24-Feb-14 09:28:20

we are considering Merewen for are dd due in July . it is a really pretty name and sound mellifluous. Like you dh is Welsh and i'm Irish but i keep worrying whether it's too unusual . although pronunciation wise it's much easier than many welsh or irish names . I also wonder if people will think we made it up .
we are considering Merryn as a slightly more mainstream alternative .

If it's any help we initially didn't call dd5 a name because we thought people would think it was too posh . after a few months when the name we'd given her didn't fell right we changed her name to the "posh" or so we thought name , people very readily accepted it and no one has ever confirmed our initial worries . i think what i'm trying to say is if you use Merewen people may initially look at you shock .confused ,hmm but they will rapidly accept it as your daughters name and learn to love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now