Talk

Advanced search

Initials...PMS...bad?

(15 Posts)
rueyrichardson Tue 18-Feb-14 17:30:33

We have given our newborn DD the first name of Primrose. We had selected Mary as a middle name for family reasons, and our surname begins with an S. Initials would therefore be PMS. We could either a) go with PMS, b) insert a second middle name - Elizabeth - (making initials PEMS) or c) choose an entirely different middle name with less "meaning". WWYD? How bad are the initials PMS?

Ham69 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:41:45

Beautiful names though initials not great I'm afraid, particularly for a girl. I personally wouldn't. I'd definitely go with option b)! Gorgeous names.

crazykat Tue 18-Feb-14 17:42:51

I wouldn't give a child those initials purely because a friend at school had the initials MAD and was teased about it through most of high school.

I'd either add another name before or after, or use a different name. Two middle names makes it a bit of a mouthful, two of my DCs have two middle names but have short first and surnames.

HannahG315 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:45:33

I had the exact initials problem!!!

If we had a girl we wanted to name her Polly, in my family it's traditional to have Michelle as the middle name, and my OH surname also begins with S.

in the end we decided it was too cruel!

Leeds2 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:55:45

I would add a second middle name.

ToffeeJungle Tue 18-Feb-14 18:12:16

Option b

RiaOverTheRainbow Tue 18-Feb-14 18:20:41

Call her Mary Primrose, known by her middle name? IMO the names flow better that way round anyway.

woodlandwanderwoman Tue 18-Feb-14 18:23:21

Bad, sorry. Good on you for thinking it through, not everyone does. Beautiful names though and I'm sure you'll find something you're happy with.

Bowlersarm Tue 18-Feb-14 18:30:28

B)!

Roseformeplease Tue 18-Feb-14 18:32:15

I am married to a PMT (which is made better by an extra name in the middle) and MiL had the nerve to complain when we had an ET (actually ERT).

Paintyfingers Tue 18-Feb-14 18:39:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Paintyfingers Tue 18-Feb-14 18:40:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rueyrichardson Tue 18-Feb-14 19:20:48

Bugger. I knew PMS would be bad. Back to the drawing board on the middle name(s) then! Thanks for your responses.

HannahG315 Wed 19-Feb-14 12:06:29

Sorry OP! I LITERALLY feel your exact pain! I'm never having a Polly Michelle S... To be fair my mother kept telling me people would tease her and call her Polly parrot anyhow.

Gosh, picking names is hard, good luck, I love Primrose, and I don't think it can be mocked in the playground. Keep that!

Nojustalurker Wed 19-Feb-14 12:10:49

B

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now