Talk

Advanced search

Middle name

(7 Posts)
randdom Mon 17-Feb-14 10:30:34

I am expecting a baby in May and I would be grateful for any suggestions for a middle name for a girl. We don't know what we are having but have sorted out our boys name.

If it is a girl then she will be called Elizabeth which was my late mothers name, we are also going to give her the middle name Josephine which is the name of my husbands aunt who is not very well. My husband is very keen for us to give a second middle name which doesn't have family significance but we are getting a bit stuck!

Our surname is one syllable and starts with an O.

either Elizabeth Josephine ___ or Elizabeth __ Josephine would be ok!

Any thoughts?

lljkk Mon 17-Feb-14 10:39:33

Traditional names so it will look odd if you stick Destiny or Kira in there.
You could go long or short.
But why the need for a 2nd middle name? Whoever uses all their middle names?

Hessy Mon 17-Feb-14 10:40:33

What about Elizabeth May, if she's born in May?

randdom Mon 17-Feb-14 11:18:09

I think i would be happy without a second middle name but my husband is very keen and as I have basically had my way with the first name I think it is only fair!

We have considered May and might still do if the baby is born in May but due to my due date being at the end of the month and it being my first baby there is a good chance that the baby will be born in June

lljkk Mon 17-Feb-14 11:20:29

if he's keen then he's got the problem of thinking of good names, no? Don't you have enough other stuff on your plate?

ToffeeJungle Mon 17-Feb-14 15:00:39

Mary
Anne
Frances
Hope
Faith
Grace
Sylvie

manicinsomniac Mon 17-Feb-14 16:23:03

Elizabeth Josephine May or June would work? Or even April, July or August

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now