Talk

Advanced search

What else would we like?

(8 Posts)
Hedgehog1977 Sat 15-Feb-14 12:48:38

I can't believe I finally get to post on this board grin

Not due until September so we have a bit of time. We are set on our girl's name (Sylvie) but struggling to find a boy's name we love as much.

I am quite keen on Patrick - dh likes it but isn't 100 % sure. We love Gabriel, but someone in the family has already used it. Also like Clement and Remy. I love Ambrose, but I think maybe in theory rather than for a baby.

I quite like the nicknames Jem and Gil, but not so sure about any of the longer versions. I also like Walter but dh doesn't.

None of them are standing out yet. I think I like names that are well-known and fairly traditional, but not very common and with a tendancy towards flowery/poetic (but not too much). Any more suggestions?!

Middle names will probably be Thomas and Gerard.

Hx

SJisontheway Sat 15-Feb-14 12:50:28

Myles?

ToffeeJungle Sat 15-Feb-14 13:21:08

I like Patrick and Gabriel.

Rowan
Moses
Caleb
Elliot
Victor
Xavier
Owen
Quentin
Rupert
Crispin

winterhat Sat 15-Feb-14 17:32:35

I like Jerome as longer version of Jem.

Caspar
Leo
Dominic
Theodore
Harrison
Felix
Levi
Aubrey
Maxwell
Eli
Jasper
Julian
Gregory
Hector
Luke
Tristan
Dylan
Lucien
Marcel

Hedgehog1977 Sun 16-Feb-14 13:38:46

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like Elliot and Theodore, so they have gone on the list. Also like Caspar and Jasper although dh isn't keen smile I think I'm quite inconsistent in my tastes as some of the others I don't like so much, although they're exactly what I asked for!Dh has suggested Seamus this morning, which I love.

I love Gabriel too Toffee, I think that's what is making it so hard as we can't use it, so I'm trying to find something I love as much!

Hx

williaminajetfighter Mon 17-Feb-14 01:09:59

Marlon? A great name very underused.

Rudy?

Sacha? Very sexy I think...!

SilkStalkings Wed 19-Feb-14 09:41:00

Remy is hair extensions.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 19-Feb-14 15:52:29

Congrats Hedgehog months and months to go debating...!

Adam Thomas Gerard
Donovan Thomas Gerard
Fergus Thomas Gerard
Jules Thomas Gerard
Jude Thomas Gerard
Sebastian Thomas Gerard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now