Talk

Advanced search

A little brother for Noah and Isaac...

(86 Posts)
pussycatmomma Sat 15-Feb-14 08:43:35

Hi there, this is a bit of an update thread but with more queries really! I seem to be stumped at only a handful of boys name when i realise there are millions out there to choose from. We all like Harry although my dh thinks too popular, im not sure "goes" with siblings names but love it, but my two little boys are very keen on it and dont like many other suggestions! I like Harry, Oliver, Elijah, Josiah,(although very much dislike nn joe) Ezekiel (like the nn zekie) so thats 5 names. My other boys have middle names gabriel, joseph, james and charlie. Dont really want to duplicate any middle names as first names although love them all. We are a christian family and whilst i love biblical names and these would be my first choice i dont want to be limited by them. Does harry or oliver sound odd with two other biblical names? All opinions and ideas please xxx

ldt87 Sat 15-Feb-14 08:45:11

How about seth? It's the name that came to my mind just from reading your title.

sillylittleperson Sat 15-Feb-14 08:45:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ldt87 Sat 15-Feb-14 08:45:52

I think Oliver goes better than Harry, but both are nice names.

pussycatdoll Sat 15-Feb-14 08:47:10

In keeping with the biblical names how about Jonah

Or Moses wink

Are you a religious family though because people are bound to ask ?

bouncysmiley Sat 15-Feb-14 08:47:22

Ezra is a good call, cool and quirky.

pussycatdoll Sat 15-Feb-14 08:48:03

Oops sorry just read that you are grin

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Sat 15-Feb-14 08:49:01

Tobias?

GreggsOnLegs Sat 15-Feb-14 08:49:42

Love Elijah and goes great with your Ds's names.
Moses is a fab name too and biblical

ctrlaltdel Sat 15-Feb-14 08:49:51

Adam
Ethan
Caleb
Joshua
Lucas
Tobias

HippieInASecondLocation Sat 15-Feb-14 08:52:59

Prefer Oliver to Harry with your other sons' names.
I think Daniel would go well too.

pussycatmomma Sat 15-Feb-14 08:53:40

Yes we are a christian family and happy for people to think/know that we aresmile. Sorry i should have added names that i really dont like include seth! I am so old that for me it is forever a character in emmadale farm watched as a young child - although i know it is very popular now!!
So, not seth, jacob, jude, luca, zachary, joel. Lots of these in church already xx

justhayley Sat 15-Feb-14 08:55:18

I have a Noah and love Isaac. I don't think Harry or Oliver sound silly but do understand where your coming from.
If I have another boy my current biblical favs are Reuben and Joshua/Josh, possibly with Isaac as a middle.
Harry & Oliver as also my non biblical favs - we have exactly the same taste lol. Probably wouldn't use Harry though as DH is William so it's all a but royal.

Other ideas Jacob / Jake, Caleb?

Hope you find your perfect name, I think naming boys is so much harder than girls.

nocheeseplease Sat 15-Feb-14 08:55:32

Jacob is the first name that popped into my head when I read your title.

MyBootsAreMuddy Sat 15-Feb-14 08:55:40

Oliver goes better than Harry and I love Ezekiel but think the middle sound is too similar and runs into Isaac, especialy if using Zeke/Zekie as nm.
Also love Elijah with nn Eli. I would have had it for ds3 but have an Elizabeth sometimes known as Eliza so too similar. The sugestion of Seth is nice also.

Devora Sat 15-Feb-14 08:55:46

I thought Seth too. Or Joel (but you don't like Joe - I love it!) Shem? Jimmy?

CharlesRyder Sat 15-Feb-14 08:58:21

Elijah definitely grin

pussycatmomma Sat 15-Feb-14 09:03:37

Justhayley - yay, gOod name choices theresmile my dh loves Reuben, i like it.
So contenders so far:
Elijah (love)
Harry (love)
Oliver (like)
Reuben (like(
Josiah (love but not nn to joe - we have a J'surname and i think "joe surname" sounds a bit plain)
Jonah (but maybe sounds a bit too like Noah?) Any OTHER suggestions?? I just cant think any morexxx

Groovester Sat 15-Feb-14 09:04:47

Benjamin

TimeIsAnIllusion Sat 15-Feb-14 09:07:36

Abraham

justhayley Sat 15-Feb-14 09:12:57

grin Great choices to you too lol. When's your little man due?
From your list I think Reuben and Oliver flow the best with your other Sons (sorry I see they are your likes not loves). I think Isaac and Elijah are a bit of a mouthful together and Noah and Josiah are a bit similar in some sense.
Maybe wait until your baby is born and see what suits him best?

Heartychoke Sat 15-Feb-14 09:18:24

I'm not sure Harry or Oliver do fit with Noah and Isaac.

I would consider:
Reuben
Elias (nn Eli)
Daniel
Caleb
Aaron
Solomon

Goodfruit Sat 15-Feb-14 09:18:27

Hi pussycat, I wouldn't worry about having to choose a biblical name to go with your sons' names. I think Oliver is a lovely name and goes really well with your DS' names - Harry is great too but I don't think it sounds so good with them since it's less 'formal' than they are. If you wanted to stick with a biblical name but one that also has more modern connections, how about:

Samuel,
Daniel,
Luke?

Am sure you will have considered these already though! congratulations thanks

WhispersOfWickedness Sat 15-Feb-14 09:19:10

I have a Noah smile

Caspar? Love Reuben too smile

pussycatmomma Sat 15-Feb-14 09:20:26

Baby is due begining of june, but i have been told i will need to be induced between 37 and 39 weeks. We had traumatic news at our 20 week scan and our baby will need immediate heart surgery when he is born. Im really trying to make myself on all the normal things to take my mind off the constant worry and heartbreak xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now