Talk

Advanced search

Due tomorrow and no boys names!

(10 Posts)
BettyStogs Fri 14-Feb-14 14:25:12

DC2 is due tomorrow and we have no boys names at all ( we don't know what we're having)

Already have 1 DS who is named after DH's grandad with my grandad's name as a middle name, so feel that any name we choose should have some significance rather than just a name we like if that makes sense. But no other family names that we like. Prefer the more traditional names for boys.

We have a girls name in mind ( my middle name) but one of the mums at DS's nursery has just had a girl a few weeks ago and used it so also now in two minds about that. We live in a small village so the children likely to go to same nursery, preschool and school.

DS wants to call him or her 'just baby' and it looks like that might happen!

TheHandbagOfGlory Fri 14-Feb-14 14:31:17

How about a name from a favourite book or film? That's what we did with DS name, it's from my favourite book when I was a child. That way the name is still significant and has a "story"?

winterhat Fri 14-Feb-14 14:45:16

A few random suggestions for you.

George Henry
Samuel Jacob
Oliver Jack
Harrison Leo
Zachary Peter
Luke Austin

Olivia Chloe
Abigail Maya
Ruby Jessica
Melissa Grace
Laura Catherine
Sophie Alice

peekaboobabyco Fri 14-Feb-14 15:04:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BettyStogs Fri 14-Feb-14 15:08:23

That's a good idea Handbag I will have a think.

winter Really like all your girl's names and funnily enough DS's first name and the name we almost gave him are on your boy's list.

Thanks both - something to work on. Have been ploughing through a baby name book but it's just not very inspiring.

TheHandbagOfGlory Fri 14-Feb-14 17:04:55

Good luck for when the time comes smile

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 14-Feb-14 18:17:54

Amelia
Bethany
Cassandra
Darcey
Eden
Ellen
Felicity
Giselle (nn Gigi)

Adam
Christian
Edward (Ted)
Giles
Lawrence
Robert
Scott
Thomas

brokenhearted55a Sat 15-Feb-14 17:37:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BettyStogs Sun 16-Feb-14 10:16:37

Thanks for all the suggestions, DS2 arrived safely last night, still not decided on a name but we will get there!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 16-Feb-14 10:56:49

Congratulations bear smile. Take your time am sure you'll find something you and DH like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now